Recently added files.... suggestions
What about an option to add the recent additions to the RSS scroll?

Something like this:

I've been manually creating my own rss feed and keeping it updated for a long time now to remind myself of what I've recently acquired.
Holá,

I am adding my suggestion to this thread, as I think it fits best here.

First of, I think the episodes that are now labeled by show ep num and ep title in the Recently Added Episodes should rather go with episode title and show ep num. At the moment we just see

3x04 To Hell with Him
3x04 Grief
3x08 Support for XBMC
6x04 Tech Widow

and this is wether intuitive nor really helpful. Could you tell what I am watching?

Simpsons 3x04
American Dad 3x04
Family Guy 3x08
Drawn Together 6x04

gives so much more information. I think most people will agree that the episode title is not of much relevance.

But actually I think this here might be of even greater use for all of us TV series addicts: I am usually using the Video Library Mode function with large scrapers and have set the options to filter for Unwatched. The following picture in the wiki is rather outdated and is *not* showing the episodes number, but you all know it's there - it shows the number of (all) episodes on the shares.

I would like to see this number change regarding of the watched status. So if I have set the filter to "ALL" I will see for eaxample 33 (episodes), "Watched" will give me 32 episodes and Unwatched will reveal 1 (episode) that's waiting for me.

Additional it would be nice to hide all those series that do not contain any new episodes (unwatched < 1).

So here is another example. I have 3 shows I am actually watching and I have just scanned for new content:

American Dad 33 episodes (32 watched, 1 new)
The Simpsons 33 episodes (33 watched)
Weeds 12 episodes (10 unwatched plus 2 newly added)

Before starting the scan I would only see this:

Weeds (10)

as it's the only one containing stuff that I haven't seen. After scanning this will be what shows up:

American Dad (1)
Weeds (12)

When changing the filter from Unwatched to all, all series and episodes will show up, Watched will show American Dad (32) and Simpsons (33)...

You get the idea...

/da righteous
and suddenly we need to count/process each and every episode listing the tvshow titles, slowing queries significantly.
spiff Wrote:and suddenly we need to count/process each and every episode listing the tvshow titles, slowing queries significantly.

You do? Hmm, maybe, when you show/hide the shows that contain no information. But I doubt it will take too much time. It could be also an option in the settings. I would rather wait 3 seconds before the listing will show up than have to scan each folder manually to check if there is new stuff in there I haven't seen yet. That takes longer.

And even if it's not possible (or inconvenient for some) for showing/hiding the 0-New-File shows, it would make sense to at least show the number of unwatched episodes in a folder.

American Dad 1
The Simpsons 0
Weeds 12

P.S. Wow, quick reply... Big Grin
Would it be possible to up the count to 50? or make it a choice somehow?

Also, would it be at all possible to have "recently added" exclude "recently refreshed"?
Recently refreshed isn't something we know about unfortunately due to the way updates happen (delete, insert)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah, I'd thought as much, but it never hurts to ask. ;-)

Thanks for the reply jmarshall.
what do you think about an alert, when there is a new video in any folder/plugin source/etc..

i mean.. for example, im using the southpark plugin.. or "ZDF Mediathek"-Plugin or i am mounting a samba share.. or.. or.. or.. and when there is in any of these sources a new video, then a short popup shows me an information/list about it..
maybe directly.. maybe every hour a summary.. maybe just at XBMC start, etc.. etc..

is something like this possible? if you have many plugins with streaming sites on the web, then you cannot have an overview about all.. and searching every source for new content s*cks =)

sorry for my bad english...
XBMC on Win7
Zotac IONITX-A

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added files.... suggestions0