Artist "content" issue
Hi,

I'm working on a new music view and just looking into doing somethings differently, but experiencing a couple of problems with the content being displayed in the view at certain times.

watch gallery

I've created a main vertical list with an additional horizontal list displayed on right as per the images.

Image 1 is the main vertical list showing artists
Image 2 is onright for the artists, showing albums for the artist

If I then select an album I've moved to a songs view which I expect as I haven't built songs into this view yet.

The problem is when I try to return from the 'songs' level using the parent folder option in the list

I get Image 3 which I expect as it returns to new view @ albums level, but when I attempt to leave that level back to 'Artists' I get Image 4, which is only showing me the 1 artist, it is not returning to all artists.

The code is here and is as follows:

List 811 is main vertical list
List 812 is 'albums list' built with <content sortby="" sortorder="" target="music">musicdb://artists/$INFO[Container(811).ListItem.DBID]</content>

This all seems to nearly be working fine, sometimes onright in 811 doesn't work? but obviously the problem is only the selected artist being displayed upon returning to artist level in 811?

Apologies for waffling on, but does anyone have an idea why main list '811' would change from 'All artists' to 'Selected artist only' after selecting an album in '812' and returning back to 'Artist level' in '811'?

Thanks

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
No one?

Ok, thanks for looking anyway. Another view idea sent to the bin for whatever reason I can't figure out!
Looks really cool actually !!

Shame if you can't figure it out as your music stuff is really tempting me to give your skin a whirl Smile
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks black_eagle. Yeah after spending a lot of time recently on movies / tv I wanted to do some new stuff for music before having to jump into the abyss with doing the required changes for krypton.

I guess something is wrong but don't know what causes the artist change? Will have to think of next idea for music and try that.
Looks great, can't help with the problem though
Thanks, decided a different approach for the view and working on that, will post a video when I can to show how it's working now.
So, went a different path of showing albums on system idle like this:

I would like to display the tracklisting but for some reason kodi thinks it's @ artist level even when the album list is displayed so I can't use properties from skin.helper unfortunately. But it's still WIP so who knows.

Mike.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist "content" issue0