TVDb scraper (or just Kodi) has completely lost its mind.
Wish I had a better title, but it's difficult to come up with something descriptive when the results are so wildly inconsistent. So straight into the background then:

My TV shows are set up in a folder structure like this:

Show Name\Season #\# - Episode Name.avi

I've been using this structure without need for an advancedsettings.xml file since installing XBMC on the Xbox back in 2006, it's worked flawlessly across several different Xboxes and half a dozen computers since then. I recently built a new computer and for some reason this time around, all hell has broken loose when setting up Kodi. Music and movies still work fine, but TV shows are producing just straight-up weird results.

To start with, probably 80% of my shows don't get added at all. Of the ones that do, only a few episodes show up, and they all show up as the wrong episode. Just a few examples from a SINGLE scan:

-Archer (2009): I currently have seasons 6 and 7. Only 6 episodes from season 7 added, and they showed up as 3 copies each of S01E01 and S01E02
-South Park: 1 episode out of the entire run of south park showed up. An episode from season 15 showed up as S02E01.
-Attack on Titan: It actually added 24 of 25 episodes here. Unfortunately they were added as multiple copies of the first 9 episodes. 5 of ep 1, 6 of ep 2, 4 of ep 3, 2 of eps 4, 5, and 6, and one each of 7-9.

And for more fun, the only thing out of place in the debug log is that there was no information found for Top Gear.
Season number needs to be in the episode as far as I'm aware as season folder are ignored.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files...le_episode
Edited post:

I stand corrected, I had an advancedsettings.xml file on my old build that took care of this for me. I made it 4 years ago and promptly forgot about it, and then thought it never existed because I looked in the wrong userdata folder when prepping the new build. It's all fixed now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDb scraper (or just Kodi) has completely lost its mind.0