v16 Not resolving ServerWMC Host name
I've been using the Host name on my Kodi PvrWmc client without an issue until today when I installed an new wireless router which assigned different IP address to all attached devices.

If I change it to the IP address everything works but, using the name, it does not resolve to the new IP.

Just guessing that this may be a case of the old DNS being cached.

Having the same issue on all three of my Raspberry Kodi boxes even after rebooting the servers and router.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

GaryA
Sounds like a general networking issue rather than anything specific topic ServerWMC... if you ping or nslookup the server's hostname from the clients, I assume you'd get the same problem (not able to resolve)? If that's the case you should look for general network troubleshooting to get cross platform local dns working with your router
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2016-06-12, 05:38)scarecrow420 Wrote: Sounds like a general networking issue rather than anything specific topic ServerWMC... if you ping or nslookup the server's hostname from the clients, I assume you'd get the same problem (not able to resolve)? If that's the case you should look for general network troubleshooting to get cross platform local dns working with your router

You are right. After digging further, I've found that the Netgear routers do not provide local name resolution, even though they have the name when the DHCP service provide an IP, and lists the name when they display their "connected devices list".

My prior modem was an ASUS and with ASUSWRT it does do local name resolution.

As a work around I've reserved the IP for my video server and hard coded the IP in the PVR WMC config.

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not resolving ServerWMC Host name0