Solved Homescreen PVR channel list launches same channel every time with TVheadend
Hi,

Over the past few weeks I've been migrating my main HTPC and PVR server from Windows 7 to Ubuntu. Where I was previously using NextPVR for the PVR backend, I'm now using TVheadend.

I've noticed that now, no matter which channel I select on the home screen channel list, the same one actually starts playing; number 10 in this case. Starting a channel from the guide or full channel screen works as expected. I'm getting the same behavior in Kodi running on Ubuntu and other Windows 7 systems. When booting into the old Windows 7/NPVR system I don't have any problems, so I'm assuming it's related to the TVheadend backend.

I'm going to have a dig in the skin to see if I can work out what's going on. Is anyone else using Xperience1080 with TVheadend, and if so do you see the same problem?

Cheers,
Jon
Yeah VDR has the same problem. MY setup on tvheadend always goes to the same channel.
(2016-06-14, 02:38)stuCONNERS Wrote: Yeah VDR has the same problem. MY setup on tvheadend always goes to the same channel.

What is VDR?
pretty much the same as tvheadend

http://kodi.wiki/view/VDR
I've looked through the debug logs from the scenarios where I start the TV channel from the home screen (this plays the wrong channel), and when I start the same channel from the channel list (this plays the correct channel).

Both logs start the same way, with line 4 reading:
Code:
DEBUG: Loading settings for pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_740795514.pvr

After about 45 identical entries, the logs diverge. The channel list version calls:
Code:
CGUIInfoManager::SetCurrentMovie(pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_740795514.pvr)

While the home screen version calls:
Code:
CPVRDirectory::GetDirectory(pvr://channels/tv/All channels)

This is followed in the log by three lines, which are repeated 17 times:
Code:
DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnAdd from xbmc
DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnAdd
DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Announce(flag=Playlist, sender=xbmc, message=OnAdd)

After this the home screen log seems to restart the process back at line 4, only with a different channel ID:
Code:
DEBUG: Loading settings for pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_622377353.pvr

From here it then proceeds along the same track as the entirety of the channel list log, except that the correct channel is unsubscribed, and the wrong one is subscribed instead.

So as far as I can tell, the point things are going wrong is when the GetDirectory() method is called instead of the SetCurrentMovie() method - but I don't know why. Is this caused by a problem with the skin, with Kodi, or with the TVheadend PVR client addon?

Here are my log files for reference:
Home screen log
Channel list log
Diff between the channel list and home screen logs
Diff between the channel list log and the end of the home screen log

Cheers,
Jon
It works fine on a windows backend. I've mentioned this bug to the skin author before.
(2016-07-01, 20:30)stuCONNERS Wrote: I've mentioned this bug to the skin author before.

So is it definitely an Xperience1080 bug? If so I'll open an issue over at Github and track it from there.

Cheers,
Jon
Arctic Zepher has a working pvr widget which tunes to the correct channel.
I've fixed it in current master v17 Krypton only.
That's great news. I'll have to try it out when I get some time. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Homescreen PVR channel list launches same channel every time with TVheadend0