Music Videos - Poster Slide
Hi everyone,

Fav skin this, thrilled it's back in the kodi repo. Can anyone answer this-

I like to rip all my music DVDs as .isos, and have them in Kodi with the usual Slide (poster) view just showing the original DVD covers. I scrape them as Music Videos. This view is often missed out in many skins in the Music Video category, so I used to mod the ViewsVideoLibrary.xml to include it, which worked fine. This was a few years back though, and know I see it's all slightly different in the 720p folder. I jumped into the Viewslide.xml and added the Container.Content(musicvideos) into the portrait section, and I took it out of the landscape section, rebooted the skin etc, but I just couldn't get it to work.

I'm no skin modder, but knew enough before to get this to work, can anyone help? Cheers

ps - I posted this is the main reFocus thread, and realised I should not have tried to hijack that, but can't delete it, so somebody please delete my previous post on page 21 of that thread, thanks
You know music videos is kind of an oddball in Kodi. It used to be centered around our typical MTV music video when MTV still was about music. These days it's also being used more like a movie type library for concerts and thing like that. In the former case the thumbnails would be like a and in the latter more like movie posters.

And yeah there's a couple more things to get that working aside from adjusting the visibility condition on the actual view type itself.

Anyway, I can see the need for this, so I can put this on my to-do list. Just have to think about how to approach this best.

I'm on holiday a the moment, can't really provide full modding instructions at the moment Wink

Posting this in the main thread is fine btw.
Ok great stuff! I remember downloading individual videos too, and ripping them off Enhanced CD singles, so I know what you mean about the way it's changed now. An Episode type slider would be good for just music video files, showing a thumbnail from any frame of the file, and Posters for ripped DVDs I suppose, but I'll leave that to you,

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Videos - Poster Slide0