Kodi and deafs
Hi all,

Am I to think that kodi developers never met a deaf person? I tried today to activate for the first time teletex subtitles on kodi by pressing "i" and then activating teletext or by pressing enter and then selecting the teletext icon. After the usual 888 teletext subtitles came as expect. However since kodi did not recognize the teletext subititles it thought that I was simply using teletext and options menu was kept active on the background very much blocking the picture. Canceling/hiding the menu by pressing backspace implied canceling first the teletext and thus too the subtitles.

Could the developers give a bit more thought to this please?

Regards

Luis
I believe that pressing 'v' should activate teletext for you without having to open any other menus.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks for the input but it does not work. Pressing V indeed calls the teletext and allows me to dial 888 to activate teletext subtitles. But then I get a whole 4/3 black screen of the teletext superimposed on the tv show.

So, the only way of seeing teletext subtitles for the deaf is to call the menu and leave the options menu on as to discard it by pressing escape or backspace cancels the teletext subtitles.

Could this be fixed on a upcomming kodi update?

(It took me quite some time to test this because I live in Portugal, very few programs are subtitled for deafs)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and deafs0