Req resource offline flag or disk lable index
Hi Guys,

I have a two bay NAS with about 12 hard disks. I frequently swap disks to watch movies.

A feature that can tell me which movie in the library is available with the current disk will be much appreciated.

I think there may be two possible way to achieve the goal.

1. Mark gray all movies in the library and turn the movie to available once KODI see them in the NAS.
Pro:It will be less confusion for users since they will know which movie they can watch directly with the current harddisk in NAS
Con: May require some time before you can watch movie after turn the KODI on since this feature may need to fully scan the whole disks again every time to mark them available.
So base on the Con, i think this way is less ideal than the way 2.

2. Put the hard disk label in to the index information. For example, the movie in the library shows like"DeadPool - Seagate4T1st", in which, the "Seagate4T1st" is my harddisk lable. So i can tell directly which disk i will need to put into NAS to watch the movie DeadPool.
Pro: So much easier for movie files management because i don't need to maintain a file index Excel spreadsheet for all my hard disks. I can search the movie i want direct from the KODI library.
Con: The movie indexed in the library may not look neat since we introduced the hard disk label into the name.

Please provide some feedback and help.

Kind Regards,

Ouo3502

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
resource offline flag or disk lable index1