• 4(current)
Win Xbox One S
(2016-08-14, 19:28)JustAnotherUser Wrote: this post from last year shows xbox one already has HEVC support. what makes you think the S hasn't?

http://wccftech.com/xbox-update-fixes-mu...-detailed/

Supporting HEVC and being able to fluently (without any issues) are unfortunately 2 completely different things. The normal XboxOne wasn't able to playback 4k which needs a lot more Power. In addition, the normal Xbox One does not support hardware HEVC decoding, meaning 4K can be an impossible challange. This is what I want to check Smile
yes, just waiting for someone to oblige with some testing for us...
Kodi in Windows Store
Maybe soon on the Xbox..

Quote:The benefits

What does it mean to have the app in the Windows Store? It is still the same Kodi version you are used to use, without any limitations. Although it is still possible (and always will be) to download and install Kodi from our website, it is now also possible for Windows 10 users to download and install Kodi from the Windows Store. This brings a few benefits, such as automatic updating. The Windows Store application uses the same userdata as the version from our website so you can switch between the two versions without issues.
NOTE: This also means that if you are currently running Kodi v16 and want to try out the Windows Store version, your Kodi databases and add-ons will be upgraded to the v17 versions. You might want to make a backup of the userdata before!

For the Kodi developers the added benefit of the Windows Store version is that it will be possible for us to get some crash logs statistics from the Windows Store. This enables us to see what kind of crashes our users are experiencing, making it possible to correlate errors and focus our development effort.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-09-21, 04:36)movie78 Wrote: Kodi in Windows Store
Maybe soon on the Xbox..
Quote:The benefits
So what this mean for users you might wonder? Well to start with it’s still the same Kodi version you are used to without any limitations. Additionally you don’t really have to go to our website anymore but straight away install Kodi from the Windows Store and automatically receive any future updates automatically.
This is some positive News indeed and if it comes to fruition, completes the journey XBMC on the original XBOX1 start many moons ago.

I would get one if Kodi compatible. Would pick up their sales. How do we let them know?

Sent from my thl 5000
(2016-08-14, 21:36)Robertjan88 Wrote:
(2016-08-14, 19:28)JustAnotherUser Wrote: this post from last year shows xbox one already has HEVC support. what makes you think the S hasn't?

Supporting HEVC and being able to fluently (without any issues) are unfortunately 2 completely different things. The normal XboxOne wasn't able to playback 4k which needs a lot more Power. In addition, the normal Xbox One does not support hardware HEVC decoding, meaning 4K can be an impossible challange. This is what I want to check Smile

Just some feedback from this earlier discussion. My Xbox One plays 1080p x265 encoded files quite happily. Anyone yet tried 4K x265 encodes on the "S" (ie demos etc) ?
(2016-09-21, 11:09)JustAnotherUser Wrote:
(2016-08-14, 21:36)Robertjan88 Wrote:

Just some feedback from this earlier discussion. My Xbox One plays 1080p x265 encoded files quite happily. Anyone yet tried 4K x265 encodes on the "S" (ie demos etc) ?
4K HDR x265 doesn't work, some SDR file does playback
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Now that Kodi is in the Windows Store, are there plans to have an XBOX version of the app? Is there any effort in this direction yet? That would make having an XBOX a home theater must!!!!
IF Kodi can work on the X-Box One (S, or other), That will give me more incentive to buy one.

It would become the ultimate box: 4K Blu-Ray, regular blu-ray, DVD, Kodi, and Netflix.
or better still on next years Scorpio, with it's alleged 6 teraflop 4K grunt...
(2016-09-22, 03:54)SilverBlade Wrote: IF Kodi can work on the X-Box One (S, or other), That will give me more incentive to buy one.

It would become the ultimate box: 4K Blu-Ray, regular blu-ray, DVD, Kodi, and Netflix.

And if they can trick the system to Bit-stream HD Audio (eg. ATMOS/DTS:X) within their App(Kodi) that will be awesome.....
Hopefully MS first adds HD audio bitstreaming as promised.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Microsoft has indicated that bitstream support is coming. The Senior Director of Product for xbox has specifically stated that here (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257388)

I am hoping they keep their word and release it soon. Either way, there was a fantastic deal on the xbox one s recently - snagged one for <$200
Hope so, but don't trust MS. They promised their own DVR app, to work with Hauppauge tuner dongle, but DVR functionality was later dropped.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-09-22, 17:53)the_jaguar Wrote: Microsoft has indicated that bitstream support is coming. The Senior Director of Product for Xbox has specifically stated that here (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257388)

I am hoping they keep their word and release it soon. Either way, there was a fantastic deal on the Xbox one s recently - snagged one for <$200

I think the PS4 is using in App to Bitstream ( ATMOS/DTS:X), I think MS should do something similar or do a full implementation.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One S0