Win cdart.png issues and possible solution
I'm finally seeing a pattern in the cdart images that don't work, and it's pretty weird. If the Album folder name contains brackets (for example "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs (SE)", then the cdart.png file is not found. I suspect that this is probably a failure in a REGEX expression somewhere so the the "(" and ")" are being interpreted as part of an expression rather than as part of the folder name.
Since I have a numer of albums with both round and square brackets I decided to check and in all cases the CDart was showing. For some reason it doesn't appear for the first song of an album, probably it must be cached first or something.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2016-06-14, 17:17)niksimpson Wrote: I'm finally seeing a pattern in the cdart images that don't work, and it's pretty weird. If the Album folder name contains brackets (for example "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs (SE)", then the cdart.png file is not found. I suspect that this is probably a failure in a REGEX expression somewhere so the the "(" and ")" are being interpreted as part of an expression rather than as part of the folder name.

I believe that album.nfo (if available) and the ID3-Tag of all songs have to carry the same name. If for example, the folder name is "Layla (SE)" and the album-tag of the mp3s is just "Layla" it won't be found. Maybe you'll try that?
(2016-06-23, 14:51)PH-SYM Wrote: Since I have a numer of albums with both round and square brackets I decided to check and in all cases the CDart was showing. For some reason it doesn't appear for the first song of an album, probably it must be cached first or something.

That's a different issue which I fixed yesterday (update will be provided later today).

As for the issue with the brackets...
Make sure that the album info in the ID3 tag of the song itself is the same as the album name in the nfo file.

Because there's no native support for scraping the music artwork to the Kodi db the artwork ia being looked up by it's path.
If the album name doesn't match the path, it will fail.
Thanks Marcel, for the update. Also very useful info on album names not being equal to folder names. Helps troubleshooting when things don't seem to work as expected.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdart.png issues and possible solution1