Help needed with set-up
Hi,

I have Kodi running on an intel nuc with Openelec. My media is on a Synology DS214+ NAS

I now bought the TVButler including the dvblink software.

I am completely new at PVR and could really use help setting this up. I did watch some tutorials about PVR on Kodi but honestly it's a bit overwhelming figuring it out.

What I want:

Play antenna aired tv on my Kodi and (if possible) record shows from it straight to my NAS.

Can someone help me with what addon to download where and which settings to adjust in Kodi?

I assume I plug the TVbutler usb in my nuc and not my NAS (yes I really know that little Smile)

Any help would be much appreciated!
Hi Fish21,

Welcome to the forum, you'll need to install DVBLogic and plug the TVbutler into your NAS.

I'm not sure how far you have got, but the first thing to do is makes sure you have channels setup in DVBLogic, Once everything is installed you then need to head over to the sources tab where you should be able to see the tvbutler tuner and perform you 1st scan of channels. you'll then to head to the next tab and choose what channels you want to view, once you done this, you need to set up the EPG data, not sure what country your in? but is available i recommend the TV adviser package, it makes life a lot easier!

once you have this all set up, head over to your nuc with openelec and go to Addons>PVR>DVBlogic (not DVBviewer which is a different PVR altogether). here you'll need to add the IP address of your synology and the default port (i think its 8100 off the top of my head)... make sure the addon on is enabled and then Live TV settings is enabled... after about 30 seconds Kodi should connect to you TV server and import channels and guide.

it's difficult to know what stage your at, i haven't detailed the full set up, just the main bits to get you up and running, let me know if you get stuck!
Awesome man. Thanks for the quick response. I'm gonna try these steps next weekend and let you know if I got it working.

I am from Belgium btw

Cheers
Hi AshG,

I got the NAS part working perfectly and I can also play the streams through my KODI sources.

Many thx for your instructions.

I have two issues at this point:

1. When starting up the stream in my KODI source, it takes quit a long time to buffer (like +/- 1min).
Normally I would not mind that much, but for the EK football 1 min delay is a bit of a problem...
I can play media from the NAS in (mkv 1080p and DTS-HD on NFS drive) with no buffering at all.
So I assume this buffering has to do with the cache size of the stream. Any Idea how I can increase the cache or reduce buffer time in another way?

2. There is no DVBlogic when i go to Addons>PVR. So i thought I would search it online but I can't find the DVBlogic addon. I found these links:

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad...vr.dvblink --> there is no download button anywhere?
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink --> when trying to install from zip in KODI it says something like "add on does not have the correct file structure"

Many thx for any further help!
Hey Fish21,

I'm a bit confused! So from point 1 your saying Kodi PVR is working but is buffering for about a minute? But point 2 your saying that you couldnt install the add on in Kodi?

I'm pretty sure Openelect comes pre-installed PVR add ons... what version of openelec are you using? All the PVR Addons should be there but just disabledHuh?
Hi AshG,

Finally got it working now. Thx for the help!
Thumbs Up 
Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed with set-up0