Win Can my hardware run Kodi without any problem?
My current setup is
  • AMD FX 4100 Quad Core 3.6 Ghz
  • Asus M5A78L-M LX
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB
  • CoolerMaster GX550Watt PSU
  • Western Digital 500GB HDD
(This setup is actually a gaming PC back in 2012 with Nvidia GTX550TI which is dead now)
I only used this PC for watching 720p-1080p movies that is downloaded off the internet and then saved to the HDD and i don't view online content.
This PC is connected to a standard 1080p TV that requires HDMI. However, i used a VGA-HDMI converter because my motherboard doesn't have any HDMI ports.
Would this setup be able to play 1080p Bluray rip videos without any problem? And is there any suggestions for a graphic card that is only used for watching 1080p movies?
> However, i used a VGA-HDMI converter

If you want crap picture and sound ... then you have no problems. Just use the machine you have.

> And is there any suggestions for a graphic card that is only used for watching 1080p movies?

Anything by nvidia. However ... save your money. Sell the old PC. Buy a raspberry Pi kit for $80. Or any of the other cheap options in the hardware sticky.
yeap, if you have to spend more than $40, I would just buy a new set-top-box or a mini-PC. Too many advantages including low power consumption, small, silent, nice remote, etc. Add a external USB drive or a NAS and you are set.

Start here if you go that route: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
I wouldn't go this route.
Why not buy a not-too-expensive alternative that provides current sound/video options?
Another advantage is the much lower power consumption.

Ow, only just noticed i am just parroting shabuboy :-p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can my hardware run Kodi without any problem?0