Change the menu title
Hello,

I want to change the title on the upper left hand side on the screen.
See encircled item in picture below

Is there an infolabel I can set while adding the directory items or is it more complicated?
That's part of the skin, not the add-on. Basically, the skin is just displaying the add-on name. I suppose if you want to customize the skin, you could change it to anything you want.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
The skin usually gets it from an infolabel. Do you know if an addon can change the value of this infolabel value before the skin reads it?

When browsing through the files list, the addon part("reddit.com") changes to show the current directory.
It doesn't look like you can change that programmatically, at least not with Confluence. For instance, in the MyPics.xml (which defines the Pictures page), you can see that menu being created using:
Code:
<include name="CommonWindowHeader">
    <param name="Icon" value="icon_pictures" />
    <param name="Label" value="$LOCALIZE[1]" />
</include>

If you look in includes.xml, you'll see that CommonWindowHeader looks like this:
Code:
<include name="CommonWindowHeader">
    <param name="Icon" default="icon_home" />
    <param name="Label" default="" />
    <param name="ShowLabel2" default="False" />
    <definition>
    <definition>
</include>

So each XML file that uses the window header is passing information to that include explicitly, not programmatically.
I'm not familiar with this part of kodi but thank you very much. You saved me from a lot of headache.
(2016-06-17, 04:59)gedisony Wrote: I'm not familiar with this part of kodi but thank you very much. You saved me from a lot of headache.

You're welcome. Sometimes knowing something is not possible is exactly the answer you need (even if it isn't the answer you want). Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change the menu title0