Key mapping against action IDs
Hi,

I'm trying to personalise my remote a bit and done pretty much everything I wanted but there is one action that I can't make working.
I want to have the movie information coming up when I press a button. There is an action, Info, that I should be able to use, as per http://kodi.wiki/view/Action_IDs, but it is not working.
the log basically says that it doesnt know this action. Now was a work around, I have replaced it with the contextMenu action, which indeed does bring the menu up when pressing the key, and I can then navigate to the Info menu.
So that tells me that what I did works but I don't understand why the Info action is not recognised.
Or is there any known reason for that not to work ?

Thanks
I suppose we would have to see your keymap file. An alternative would be to map ActivateWindow(movieinformation) for example.

scott s.
Here it is

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<three mod="ctrl">ContextMenu</three>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

The ContextMenu button does work (ctrl+o) but when I want to assign Info to it

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<three mod="ctrl">Info</three>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Then it doesnt.

in the logs I get
22:46:04 8830.721680 T:1956402096 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x04, sym: 0x0033, unicode: 0x0033, modifier: 0x40
22:46:04 8830.722656 T:1956402096 DEBUG: OnKey: ctrl-three (0x1f033) pressed, action is Info
22:46:04 8830.722656 T:1956402096 DEBUG: CLinuxInputDevice::KeyEvent: TranslateKey returned XBMCK_UNKNOWN from code(240)

how do I map map ActivateWindow(movieinformation) ?

Thanks for your help
works just fine for me. the problem is that you you have to map it in the relevant window. there is no global action because it doesn't make sense on the global level. it needs a context (which movie..) and thus the mapping only makes sense in the <videolibrary> window. that is.

Code:
<keymap>
  <VideoLibrary>
    <keyboard>
      <three mod="ctrl">Info</three>
    </keyboard>
  </VideoLibrary>
</keymap>
(2016-06-17, 14:56)ironic_monkey Wrote: the mapping only makes sense in the <videolibrary> window.

Or video playlist window.

scott s.
That's interesting -
the comment against that ID is "Show the information about the currently highlighted item, or currently playing item " which doesn't suggest such a tight definition (as I read it).
Derek
It works in a few areas, such as music, add-ons (not within add-ons), videos, fullscreen video (same ID?), pictures, and in the future will work for other things. I think it even worked for settings before the settings description area was added.
(2016-06-18, 09:42)dandnsmith Wrote: That's interesting -
the comment against that ID is "Show the information about the currently highlighted item, or currently playing item " which doesn't suggest such a tight definition (as I read it).

Traditionally though you can only hightlight media items in the relevant library section, however with newer skins including Estuary the placing of media items on the home screen is increasingly being done, so maybe it should now be a global action.
Well I indeed try the action in the video library and it doesn't work so do I have to change the xml to reflect the suggestion above or making it a general shortcut like I did should make it work in any relevent section ?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Key mapping against action IDs0