OS X Kodi royally messed up after crash
There was a power cut today, and then when I restarted the computers (NAS and the Mac Mini Kodi runs on), Kodi is fecked up. TV Shows and Movies is gone from the main menu. I can't access Library under Video (it's just gone). Forcing a scan of the video library does nothing. Browsing via Files makes Kodi crash to desktop. The Youtube add-on won't even let me Sign out.

Is there like one crucial file that's broken and can be restored, or do I have to reinstall the whole thing again and restore all my videos, plugins, settings?

edit: hold on, editing to add more info

edit 2: what the hell, I can't access any repositories to download the Kodi Debug thing even

edit 3: Here's my Kodi.log, I can't get to the debug Sad http://pastebin.com/sSPRg78W

edit 4: It keeps saying "database disk image is malformed". Sounds bad
Yep, the videos and addon DBs are corrupted. The addon DB is no big deal to reset, but the video DB means you'll probably lose some data. The good news is that Kodi keeps backups for previous versions of Kodi. If you used Kodi v15 on the same machine, a copy of your video DB from the last time v15 ran should still be there.

Go into your userdata folder (wiki) and then into the Database folder. Then delete the most recent addons##.db and myvideos##.db files. Then run Kodi again.
It was a fresh install of v16.1. As setting Kodi up again and using Trakt to get back to where I was takes less than 30 minutes I just deleted Kodi, all the userdata, and reinstalled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi royally messed up after crash0