Missing PVR clients in Kodi
(2016-08-08, 13:25)TaniaMorgan Wrote: Hi Nickr, I did not install it, a technician at my husband work did all for us but has since advised me to install DaHenchmen Kodi and has provided step by step instructions but am cautious now as all else works perfectly except I wanted to add TV on my main menu with the ability to record live tv and followed steps to do this but could not find pvr simple client to install and that's where I have been at since. Sorry technician is looking into the issue that I cannot find pvr simple client but looking for advice on my own as need to get this right on my own as well.

Hi!

Welcome to the Kodi Forum!

I struggled with this as well.
Here's what I did to fix my system.

Uninstall the Kodi that you have on your box.
Install Kodi on your box from The Google Store

You can't hurt anything by uninstalling Kodi, the only thing you will lose is whatever repositories were pre installed, no big loss.

That should fix it.

That gave me the PVR addons that I needed to add TV and connect to my recording backend.

I hope that helps.

-MH

p.s. Nice TV box!
I sit beside the fire and think, of all that I have seen; of meadow flowers and butterflies, in summers that have been.
But all the while i sit and think, of times there were before, I listen for returning feet, and voices at the door.
Ahh so you are using a 'build' - thay are banned here and you should ask your piratical friend to remove ind install straight kodi.

He installed this mess, get him to fix it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I hope she got her problem fixed and she didn't get scared away.

Edit: Well, she hasn't been back, I guess she got scared away from the Kodi Forum. How sad.

-MH
I sit beside the fire and think, of all that I have seen; of meadow flowers and butterflies, in summers that have been.
But all the while i sit and think, of times there were before, I listen for returning feet, and voices at the door.
No one was rude or scary.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No?

Perhaps she interpreted your response to her request for help as 'Not our problem, go away and fix it yourself'.

That could be why she hasn't been back since. Just reference the response I got to my first post in the Kodi Forum as an example.

Not exactly the way to win the hearts of potential users and spread the word that the use of Kodi to view copyrighted material without owning a copy isn't condoned by the authors of Kodi.

Customer retention is important. It's been my observation that you get more out of life by being nice.

Just sayin'

-MH
(2016-08-12, 18:05)MarchHare Wrote: No?

Perhaps she interpreted your response to her request for help as 'Not our problem, go away and fix it yourself'.

That could be why she hasn't been back since. Just reference the response I got to my first post in the Kodi Forum as an example.

Not exactly the way to win the hearts of potential users and spread the word that the use of Kodi to view copyrighted material without owning a copy isn't condoned by the authors of Kodi.

Customer retention is important. It's been my observation that you get more out of life by being nice.

Just sayin'

-MH

@MarchHare Much respect to you. It makes me happy in my heart just to see someone of your caliber in this world in which there are so few of. So I'll say it again, well actually I'd shake your hand if I could, but I cant, so Bravo. And also, thank you for providing the solution to the pvr issue.

@the"KodiCommunity" Grow some brains. That is all.

If you went to Wal-Mart looking for something and couldn't find it anywhere so you decided to ask someone where it was... Who would you ask?
And then, if they gave you attitude and said they couldn't tell you where to look because they didn't understand what you were describing to them when you said they're round, they bounce, and kids like to play with them.... What would you think?

God bless Smile
If I bought something from walmart and a friend then broke it, I wouldn't go back to walmart and ask them to fix it. I'd ask my friend.

Did you join here just to bitch?
(2017-01-07, 05:24)nickr Wrote: If I bought something from walmart and a friend then broke it, I wouldn't go back to walmart and ask them to fix it. I'd ask my friend.

Did you join here just to bitch?

Ahaha, thank you. That was great.

And no, I joined here to thank MarchHare for her answer and commend her for the level of excellence she portrayed in every aspect of her communication while being under fire.
I bought my Gbox Q2 directly from matricomm. that came with a base version of kodi. just like any other app on the box that came preinstalled so when the poster says fully loaded. it is clear that a third party imodified the software that came with the box.

Hence why someone asked her how it was installed.

as far as the world best box.. this is from their website

Attention: Amazon purchases are not warranted, there are no guarantees, refunds or service.  Please contact either our regional distributors located under "Dealer information" for purchasing.

Ask about our "Trade in Program"  Why trade in?
We offer customers who have purchased any streaming device, a trade in credit worth up to $75.  We have collected well over 500 boxes from customers who have purchased from ebay, Amazon, QVC, or even companies that rip people off selling generic plastic boxes.  The reason why so many customers go with us is because we manufacture a premium built device with the highest technical specs available.  We also offer full time customer service, a strong warranty and weekly content updates. In other words, your box will always be operating at its highest capacity. And because of our in house programmers, our customers are the first to get any new content that becomes available. Enjoy!
The World’s Best Box has its own proprietary software that enhances the user experience by allowing automatic upgrades and updates…

Even the manufacturer of the box not only acknowledges their boxes being used for piracy but have a trade in program to get rid of those boxes.

so I don't think its a stretch for someone to make a reference to piracy.

furthermore most of the responses are by users just like yourselves and not people part of the Kodi team for a free open source project that they volunteer to do.

perhaps you should be asking yourself why a company such as worlds best box who also claim to be number 1 in customer service couldn't think to suggest you resintall a fresh kodi build.

You may have not like the tone of the responses but it appears they did provide you with enough information to figure out that was the course of action you needed to take even if they didn't spell it out .
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

Oh my.

Well..
This has nothing to do with the box or the company who made the box. They're all the same anyways.
This was about asking for help on kodi forums and the responses that came.

It doesn't matter that they aren't the "OFFICIAL VOLUNTEERS" because they VOLUNTEERED to respond to the op and take on the RESPONSIBILITIES of helping them with their problem.

I haven't read the rules on posting or anything but I assume that they require some sort of decency when it comes to posting on these forums. I imagine it would be even more common sense to respond with manners when responding to someone band new who has never been to these forums before, rather than responding with an underlying, passive-aggressive haughtiness after deciding to "help" with the question(s).
(2017-01-06, 10:38)Waldo1691 Wrote: @MarchHare Much respect to you. It makes me happy in my heart just to see someone of your caliber in this world in which there are so few of. So I'll say it again, well actually I'd shake your hand if I could, but I cant, so Bravo. And also, thank you for providing the solution to the pvr issue.

@the"KodiCommunity" Grow some brains. That is all.

If you went to Wal-Mart looking for something and couldn't find it anywhere so you decided to ask someone where it was... Who would you ask?
And then, if they gave you attitude and said they couldn't tell you where to look because they didn't understand what you were describing to them when you said they're round, they bounce, and kids like to play with them.... What would you think?

God bless Smile

You're welcome, and thank you for the very kind words! Blush

-MH
Probably not the best example welcoming new users

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing PVR clients in Kodi0