Noob to PVR - Rpi 3 TVH backend?
VanZan, with ref to your 1st post and thoughts about using an rpi3

Where are you trying suggested command, as I provided specific command for situation where you have installed Openelec or LibreElec onto an SD card, installed into an rpi and then remotely connected to it from another device via ssh or similar.
Please confirm latest setup and what OS your using with Kodi as its currently not clear?
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-06-22, 17:56)rpcameron Wrote:
(2016-06-22, 16:47)VanZan Wrote: Input:

"systemctl stop kodi"

Output:

"Failed to stop Kodi.service: Unit Kodi.service not loaded".

That's everything I swear!
According to your post, you are typing 'kodi', and systemd is replying with 'Kodi'. It ought to be all lowercase letters.

Give this command a try:
Code:
systemctl list-units --all | grep [Kk]odi
That will list all of the unit files that systemd knows of that contain 'kodi' or 'Kodi' in either the filename or the description. Once you have that list, find the one that ends in '.service' (are you *certain* it isn't called 'kodi.service'), and that is what you use as the argument to `systemctl stop [unit-name]`.

You're right there is a "kodi.service". I didn't think it was case sensitive. I must have typed it with a upper case "K". I'll give it another try after our terrible Ireland team play Italy.

(2016-06-22, 20:00)MikeKL Wrote: VanZan, with ref to your 1st post and thoughts about using an rpi3

Where are you trying suggested command, as I provided specific command for situation where you have installed Openelec or LibreElec onto an SD card, installed into an rpi and then remotely connected to it from another device via ssh or similar.
Please confirm latest setup and what OS your using with Kodi as its currently not clear?

That's the setup. My Pi arrived this morning and it's basically done.
(2016-06-22, 20:16)VanZan Wrote: That's the setup. My Pi arrived this morning and it's basically done.
Great Let us know your set-up and how things go, tvheadend server configuration and available settings via web-interface is a little confusing at first Wink
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Thanks Mike. I've been trying to reply but I keep getting a stupid captcha page on this forum. Anyway "systemctl stop kodi" (with a small "k") worked a treat. Everything's working now thank you!! TvHeadEnd can be a pain but I got a little used to it a few years back when I used OpenElec on an Intel NUC.

The only problem I noticed was when I was watching the Ireland match tonight with it and the whole thing froze at around the 75th minute. So it was running fine for about 90 minutes in total..
(2016-06-22, 23:18)VanZan Wrote: Thanks Mike. I've been trying to reply but I keep getting a stupid captcha page on this forum. Anyway "systemctl stop kodi" (with a small "k") worked a treat. Everything's working now thank you!! TvHeadEnd can be a pain but I got a little used to it a few years back when I used OpenElec on an Intel NUC.

The only problem I noticed was when I was watching the Ireland match tonight with it and the whole thing froze at around the 75th minute. So it was running fine for about 90 minutes in total..

Sounds like it could be a low/no memory issue, depending upon how you have your recording and timeshift set up ...
They'd be at the default settings cos I never changed anything. I wasn't recording nor using timeshift at the time.
If your using LibreELEC be aware if your not already of latest nightly milhouse Krypton builds for Rpi where at bottom of post "odd and sods" milhouse also provides link to regular builds of service.tvheadend42 which are easy to install as an add-on update via kodi Estuary interface. Wink
I never even heard of LibreELEC before mate!! There's seems to be new media software coming out every week. I'll have a look but at the mo will be sticking with OpenELEC because I'm familiar with it.
(2016-06-23, 18:51)VanZan Wrote: I never even heard of LibreELEC before mate!! There's seems to be new media software coming out every week. I'll have a look but at the mo will be sticking with OpenELEC because I'm familiar with it.
OK No Problem at all, wanted to let you know a way to move to latest tvheadend backend builds should you desire them on your rpi3 (not only way but convenient)

And should your interest become spiked; for overall completeness switching from existing official OpenELEC you have installed to offical LibreELEC build is as easy as dropping this LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.1.tar file into update folder of openELEC on rpi3 and then rebooting. Ref.."Manual Update from OpenELEC (.tar)" https://libreelec.tv/download-temp/
(2016-06-23, 18:51)VanZan Wrote: I never even heard of LibreELEC before mate!! There's seems to be new media software coming out every week. I'll have a look but at the mo will be sticking with OpenELEC because I'm familiar with it.

If you are familiar with openelec, then you'll be familiar with libreelec as it is a fork of OE. It is also alive, which is more than can be said of OE.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Don't think the Pi has enough RAM for the HD channels. Keeps freezing after about 110minutes. Seems to have no problem with the SD channels (although I don't think I've watched one longer than an hour).

Will probably send the Pi back to Amazon and go for a Odroid-C2.

(2016-06-23, 18:30)MikeKL Wrote: If your using LibreELEC be aware if your not already of latest nightly milhouse Krypton builds for Rpi where at bottom of post "odd and sods" milhouse also provides link to regular builds of service.tvheadend42 which are easy to install as an add-on update via kodi Estuary interface. Wink

I've updated to LibreElec and the latest Millhouse build (25th June). I updated Tvheadend to the latest version as well. Will give the Rpi3 one more chance today (Ireland match on RTE 2 HD) before I send it back. Probably will still run out of RAM but it's worth a try.
Just to clarify something: I got a decent DVB-t USB Tuner and put LibreElec 7.02 on a Sandisk Ultra Micro SD on my Rpi 3. I then installed TVH 4.2 and it's running like a dream. No need for an Odroid it seems. I think the problems I was having was due to the USB tuner being the cheapest thing you could get. Oh and the one I linked to also doubles as a SDR so it's well worth it.
(2016-07-05, 14:05)VanZan Wrote: Just to clarify something: I got a decent DVB-t USB Tuner and put LibreElec 7.02 on a Sandisk Ultra Micro SD on my Rpi 3. I then installed TVH 4.2 and it's running like a dream. No need for an Odroid it seems. I think the problems I was having was due to the USB tuner being the cheapest thing you could get. Oh and the one I linked to also doubles as a SDR so it's well worth it.
Great News VanZan, was hoping you would persevere with task, LibreELEC & TVH 4.2 running is not a bad prove of concept is it. WinkCoolCool
Is there any chance this could be interfering with my internet connection? My internet's been dropping a lot over the last few months. Have had technicians up a lot and they can't find the reason. They say my attainable speed drops dramatically at the router as opposed to the phone line connection point which is perfect.

Just a shot in the dark as setting this up was the last major addition I made.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob to PVR - Rpi 3 TVH backend?0