Nexus Player vs Wetek Core
Question 
Hi,

I've been researching in the forums since last week to find the most suitable player for me. After a lot of reading (and headaches) I've settled with the Nexus player and the Wetek core as I am looking for a box with a remote, to connect it to my TV without much hassle.

Which one would you recommend the most? I am a bit anxious as Google discontinued the Nexus player. Will this affect it's support for future Kodi releases?

Nexus here goes for about £69 ($100) and Wetek Core for £90 ($131)

Which one would you suggest?

Thanks in advance.
Pretty simple distinction:

If you use Netflix, HBO Go, or any of the specific Android TV (leanback) Apps, that are more remote control big screen TV friendly. Then the Nexus is the box. Regular Android Lollipop Apps will have to be sideloaded, there is no proper 24p video sync, a usb hub is required to connect more than 1 USB device. Users have had problems with 25/50fps deinterlacing.
I also believe there is no HEVC Hardware decoding.

If you want a more flexible Kodi box, that does 8bit Hardware HEVC decoding, HD Audio passthrough and proper deinterlacing for TV viewing, in a Dual Boot Android Lollipop / OpenELEC configuration then get the Core.
You can also sideload some Android TV (leanback) Apps, like Netflix as seen in this list HERE
Smooth Video sync both in OpenELEC and when using Android Apps is far far superior on the Core, especially now its running a recently updated OS 1.2 with Global Android refresh rate switching.

(2016-06-20, 12:27)wrxtasy Wrote: Pretty simple distinction:

If you use Netflix, HBO Go, or any of the specific Android TV (leanback) Apps, that are more remote control big screen TV friendly. Then the Nexus is the box. Regular Android Lollipop Apps will have to be sideloaded, there is no proper 24p video sync, a usb hub is required to connect more than 1 USB device. Users have had problems with 25/50fps deinterlacing.
I also believe there is no HEVC Hardware decoding.

If you want a more flexible Kodi box, that does 8bit Hardware HEVC decoding, HD Audio passthrough and proper deinterlacing for TV viewing, in a Dual Boot Android Lollipop / OpenELEC configuration then get the Core.
You can also sideload some Android TV (leanback) Apps, like Netflix as seen in this list HERE
Smooth Video sync both in OpenELEC and when using Android Apps is far far superior on the Core, especially now its running a recently updated OS 1.2 with Global Android refresh rate switching.

Thanks wrxtasy,

I mainly want to use the box to watch Greek channels with an addon like Labda or something similar (and legal) so not too fussed about Netflix or any Android TV apps.

So far the Core seems like a better solution and the price difference isn't massive.
There is a custom made WeTek IPTV App available for the Core as well, found somewhere the WeTek forums. I cannot remember where the link is at the moment.
Its very good from all user reports. Smile

Is the wetek core out already? and yeah better go for wetek or Nvidia shield if you want to go Android.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2016-06-21, 05:01)Veronica Wrote: Is the wetek core out already?

Wetek Core was already released last year.
Yes, they announced the core last year but If I'm not mistaken not long ago the core was still unavailable to purchase, or did I get confused with another model?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
(2016-06-21, 08:10)Veronica Wrote: Yes, they announced the core last year but If I'm not mistaken not long ago the core was still unavailable to purchase, or did I get confused with another model?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, you are confused. It's Wetek Hub, Play2 and Play2s that have been announced but are still to be available.

Wetek Core is available for purchase since roughly December 2015. Check this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238923
You may be confused with the Wetek Hub, for which pre-ordering started recently.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, thank you guys
Just ordered the Wetek Core Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus Player vs Wetek Core0