Poll: What should be name of Xbox Media Center now that there is an Linux port?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
XBMC as a meaningless acronym, the X.B.M.C. standing for nothing.
55.45%
XBMC-Linux
15.84%
XBMC for Linux, XBMC for Mac, XBMC for Windows, XBMC for Xbox, etc.
10.89%
XBMC as an abbreviation for "XrossBox Media Center" (pronounced 'Cross-Box Media Center')
11.88%
I have another great name and I'll post it!
5.94%
Total
101 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

What will XBox Media Center going to be renamed to now that it is cross-platform?
I love recursive acronyms. It is a great opensource tradition. GNU. WINE. LAME. JACK.

oh dear sweet god not this topic again
Quote:How 'bout just making it "xb media center"?
Yes!
Quote:I guess there is no need the rename a puplic good known project .....
And it is not really a rename is it?
Quote:I love recursive acronyms. It is a great opensource tradition. GNU. WINE. LAME. JACK.
Yes, but open source is way on it is way out of the underground now. Lets hope the journey will go on.
lloydsmart Wrote:How 'bout just making it "xb media center"? That would make more sense than "xbmc media center" IMHO.

Yeah, XBMC Media Center isn't really recursive, is it?

I don't think it's changing now, though Smile
waldo22 Wrote:Yeah, XBMC Media Center isn't really recursive, is it?

I don't think it's changing now, though Smile
It is because its full name is XBMC Media Centre.
Dobyken Wrote:Now that the Xbox is no longer supported is it time to come up with a new name for XBMC? Besides the fact that the XBox is gone it's called XBMC Media Center which translates to XBox Media Center Media Center which is like saying L.A.P.D. Police Department.

The XBMC initials no longer stand for anything except XBMC. They've said many times there won't be a name change.
No reason for this to resurface. Closing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What will XBox Media Center going to be renamed to now that it is cross-platform?0