errors don't allow me to upload log?
having a handful of major-ish issues with 16.1 on a Mac running 10.11.5

I want to upload a log file but i don't even have the option to add when i go to programs/get more/kodi log uploader because i get a could not connect to remote server message.

my issues mostly are:

on some startups of Kodi JUST the background appears with no menu/home screen (using confluence theme), I force quit with activity monitor and sometimes it does it again and sometimes it opens and works fine.

I use Sonarr in conjunction with Kodi, and Sonarr is sending the shows to the TV library, but they are not showing up when I go to the TV shows icon, but older tv shows i already had in the library are fine.

If i go to videos/tv shows and manually see them in the folder, and i go to a tv show that was NOT added to the TV show library and i try to play an episode, kodi instantly crashes.

thoughts since I can't get a log uploaded? is there work around to getting a log then uploading it?

thanks in advance!
You can do it manually. Go here - debug log (wiki) and follow the advanced link for details of how to do it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
here goes nothing...fingers crossed...

http://pastebin.com/5H6MByL6
You have corrupted addons20.db & MyVideos99.db probably the results of incomplete data writes or premature closing of the databases.
You will need to delete (or rename) those files and let them rebuild after you restart Kodi.
I am not a Mac person so someone will need to tell you the location of those files on a Mac.
do i run the risk of losing any media by doing this?

will they rebuild automatically after deleting upon restart?

I just did a search for them, and I found both files you say are corrupt, so if it's safe to do so I can do it right now...

also, is there anything else I can delete in here as a precaution/preemptive strike that would help clear out any other issues?
(2016-06-21, 00:04)skawalker Wrote: do i run the risk of losing any media by doing this?

will they rebuild automatically after deleting upon restart?

I just did a search for them, and I found both files you say are corrupt, so if it's safe to do so I can do it right now...
You should not lose data. What you will lose are the pointers(references to the data), so you might have to rescan your content. The DBs will rebuild just fine. Just let them do so.
I'll be damned if it doesn't look like that fixed it so far...shows that should have been in the library that weren't before are now, and everything appears to be in its place...does this also repair the startup issue where there would just be the home screen background with no icons on it, which i would have to close 2-3 times to get kodi to open properly so it was usable?
I am confident that the issues you listed are now behind you.
You could always glance at your current log and compare with the posted one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
errors don't allow me to upload log?0