PlayStation 3 (PS3) XMB (XrossMediaBar) skin replica/clone ("XMBOX") maybe someday...
BTW, jmarshall has added 3 new features to xbmc, those features will let me do some of the things I couldn't before, like being able to pull down the menus by pressing down, and selecting media by pressing right, the osd will function more like the PS3, the focused list items can be made to fade in and out, and jmarshall is working with a few of us skinners to add time/date changeable colors for the seasonal color changes similar to that of a PS3.

Jmarshall works on xbmc in his spare time, and he almost always adds features we request that deserve being added to the skinning engine, because of this I will always be patient, and so should everyone else.

What you see so far, was the most I could emulate a PS3 with the current skinning engine options available, I have been trying over the past weeks to get features added to xbmc to better emulate the PS3's interface better.
Sorry, It came out that way. No hard feelings.
There's no build.bat.
It's not ready for download really, but it doesn't need a build.bat due to the way I uploaded it.

Let me know what is really not like a PS3, some things can't be exactly like a PS3, but some things can, describe how something could be more PS3 like, and I'll see what I can do.

Remember only 720p right now, until I get the interface locked down, then I'll fix the other modes, and it is missing some key graphics (like in the filemanager, where you can't see what is selected Smile ), I can't make anything but basic graphics, so I'm dependent on blaize (the graphic design guy) he has been ill, and real life has taken up the rest of his time, so he hasn't been able to knock out as many graphics as he has been.

Once the interface and different view mode are complete, we'll release it as alpha, but right now, it only on the svn, because our other svn was flaky.
any updates?Wink
I've been away, but now I'm back, no updates since then, there didn't seem to be any interest in a Ps3 interface anyway. But it's in the SVN so if anybody wants to work on it, just let me know, and I'll give your SourceForge account access.

I volunteered to work on project fluid for mike, so that will most likely take up any free time for skinning.
f*** i was soo excitedSad
I was just wondering how this PS3 skin was going? I love my PS3 and have been searching high and low for a XBMC Theme to replicate it. So far this is the only skin I have found that has had any work done one it. There were rumors in the past of Blackbolt doing one, but I've never seen any progress.

If anyone is still working on this I'd love to help (I own a PS3 also). I was thinking of creating a matching web frontend to replicate the PS3 Xross Media Bar.
micster Wrote:There were rumors in the past of Blackbolt doing one, but I've never seen any progress.
He's still working on it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33392
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h6mZvmRdVDQ
Cool
dephyre Wrote:He's still working on it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33392
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h6mZvmRdVDQ
Cool

Not true.

I had about 2% of the skin done before I got a new job and moved house. My current XBMC production schedule consists of one thing only.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Blackbolt Wrote:Not true.

I had about 2% of the skin done before I got a new job and moved house. My current XBMC production schedule consists of one thing only.
Hm, I'm not sure what you mean. I was talking about your EX/Ellipsis which you posted a video of last month, have you stopped developing it?
dephyre Wrote:Hm, I'm not sure what you mean. I was talking about your EX/Ellipsis which you posted a video of last month, have you stopped developing it?
but this thread is about replicating XMB (Xross Media Bar) which is the GUI/skin on Sony PlayStation 3, ...what does that have to do with Blackbolt's EX/Ellipsis skin?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:but this thread is about replicating XMB (Xross Media Bar) which is the GUI/skin on Sony PlayStation 3, ...what does that have to do with Blackbolt's EX/Ellipsis skin?

No the 'thr33' skin that someone mentioned with the XMB in it. I ran it as an april fool at first but then decided to make one anyway. But got no time at the moment for more than the one 'EX' skin, which I am still working on yes.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Well Blackbolt, I'm new here to the XBMC and I like what I've seen. I just finished setting up my media center backend running MythTV and I was very dissapointed in the lack of development put into the frontend. Or rather, the support to create a nice skin for the frontend of MythTV.

I have to say that what I have seen of the 360 skin and the Ellipsis skin have really inspired me. It would appear that many of the tools needed to create a nice skin for XBMC are readily available and highly encouraged by the developers. Now that I know what is possible by individuals and groups like yourself, I'm anxious to learn how also.

So to be clear, your Ellipsis skin should not be confused with a skin that replicates the PS3 Xross Media Bar in the sense that your 360 skin replicates the Microsoft xbox blade dashboard? And that in fact you might one day work on a real "Playstation Inspired" xross media bar 'esque theme for XBMC?

That's a lot of pressure for a guy like me that has never created a theme to perform! Well I suppose there is no hurt in trying and who knows maybe I will learn a thing or two.
micster, I put the source in the skinning svn a LONG time ago, if its still there, grab it, and make it your own. I don't really have much time anymore to work on anything. I finally got a PS3 a few weeks ago, so if I did work on it, it might be a little easier now (it sucked going solely off youtube videos to make it)

I'll have some leave sometime in the future, so I might get bored out of my mind and work on it myself, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Smile

It should be a lot easier now, they have put so many great options in the skinning engine now, that you can make just about anything you can think of.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayStation 3 (PS3) XMB (XrossMediaBar) skin replica/clone ("XMBOX") maybe someday...0