v16 Refresh rate woes
Firstly, thank you so much for the Server WMC addon.

Over the years I've played around with many forms of DVB tuners, and was a massive fan of Media Center on XP and then latterly Win 7, before moving away to Sky with the release of Windows 10.

I've recently cancelled Sky and I've managed to get MC working on Windows 10, install ServerWMC and get everything configured within Kodi and Plex within a couple of hours on an evening which seems promising.

The issue I've got is that live UK TV (50hz) isn't being played at 50hz.

I've tried adjusting my Fire Stick to output at 50hz, the TV reports 50hz, but on something with a ticker (e.g. BBC News) or live football, you can tell it's not buttery smooth 50hz.

Is there anything I can configure within ServerWMC to force output at 50hz, as it seems even when the output device is set to 50hz, ServerWMC is possibly still serving it a stream that's been transcoded from 50hz, to 60hz, and then output at 50hz again?

I've tried the force refresh rate option in Kodi to no avail. Also tried the Plex plugin and that exhibited the same issue, making me think it's a setting within ServerWMC.

Many thanks
ServerWMC isnt doing any transcoding it is just pointing Kodi at a WTV file being created by the Windows Media Centre recording service.

To begin with I think you can cut ServerWMC out of the loop and do some testing along the following lines:

- Watching LiveTV in WMC locally on the windows 10 machine
- Make a recording in WMC of one of these programs with ticker, then play that recording through WMC and check refresh rate
- Play the same recorded wtv file in Kodi on the local windows 10 machine and check refresh rate
- Play the same recorded wtv file on the Android fire stick and check refresh rate
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2016-06-23, 01:51)scarecrow420 Wrote: ServerWMC isnt doing any transcoding it is just pointing Kodi at a WTV file being created by the Windows Media Centre recording service.

To begin with I think you can cut ServerWMC out of the loop and do some testing along the following lines:

- Watching LiveTV in WMC locally on the windows 10 machine
- Make a recording in WMC of one of these programs with ticker, then play that recording through WMC and check refresh rate
- Play the same recorded wtv file in Kodi on the local windows 10 machine and check refresh rate
- Play the same recorded wtv file on the Android fire stick and check refresh rate

Thank you for the clarification re: transcoding.

Embarrassingly I did three years on tech and didn't think to troubleshoot by installing Kodi on the PC. Can confirm that with the PC set to 50hz, the plugin works great through Kodi and shows a smooth 50hz stream, so it must be some kind of 60hz limitation on either the Firestick itself or the Firestick port of Kodi? Will do some more digging.

Don't suppose you can offer any clarification on how Kodi on Android would be able to handle a .wtv file? Is it natively supported?
Yeah Kodi can play wtv files
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh rate woes0