Win After Jarvis update "Kodi has Stopped Working"
I installed Jarvis 16.1 a few weeks ago and have failed to get it past the splash screen. I receive an error from windows that says "Kodi has stopped working". I have tracked down many people with this same issue and attempted those solutions: making sure GPU supports Directx 11, unplugging joysticks, disabling joysticks, removing all addons, fresh install. So I am finally here to ask for help. Here are the details:

Kodi 16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53
Window 10 Pro Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1087MHz
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

To repeat the problem all I have to do is try to start Kodi. The previous versions of Kodi work great. I know I should probably just hold out for 17 at this point...
Here is the link to my Debug Log:

http://pastebin.com/bDEiKE4C

Hopefully I covered all of the bases. Let me know if you need any other info.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
Automatically set watched episodes on MyEpisodes.com seems to have an issue...

some corruption ->ERROR: CRepositoryUpdateJob[repository.xbmc.org] failed read checksum for directory 'http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/addons.xml.gz'

Connect - connecting to: 127.0.0.1:24000 ...is the last thing in the log, so it's waiting for a response.

Suggestion: At this point without even a home page to help disable settings, it's a few wild shots in the dark. Delete/rename C:\Users\c2phace\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\guisettings.xml and restart, you might get lucky. Failure here would necessitate renaming your build in both C: and Roaming to something else, and install from scratch to see if you can get life from a virgin build... if that fails, you can conclude either your hardware comparability or software drivers are at issue. (BTW: install as Kodi not 'Kodi 6')
I had the same issue with Jarvis 16.1 but then when I went back to 15.2 it started working perfectly again. I recommend just downgrading and then seeing if Krypton works better when it comes out.
Thanks for the info.
@PatK - I installed as "Kodi 6" in order to try a fresh install. Installing in the default directory kept my old settings, which I was trying to avoid. Not sure what I can do about the MyEpisodes.com problem. Again, this is a completely fresh install with only default addons. I think the checksum error is the real problem. No luck with the guisettings.xml change. I also Unistalled both version of Kodi I had installed, cleaned up the user files and started totally fresh. Still the same log.

BUT in the meantime I found this entry which covers some of the errors I am having:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258155

I can't exactly follow all of the issues, except that is seems the mirror sites that host the default repository data might have an issue with brand new installs. Which is strange that this is not more common. I think the problem lie somewhere in my connection to the link requested at start up. I have turned off all firewalls, antivirus, etc. with no luck (but I can access the site when I manually enter into my browser).

Any other ideas would be awesome.

@assassin - I'm sticking with 15.2 now as well. Hopefully 17 will work for me.
Okay, took a quick shot at uninstalling everything again, and installing the latest Krypton nightly AND... "Kodi has stopped working". But I do get a little more info in the new log file:

Code:
22:02:19 T:2556   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
22:02:19 T:2556   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for http://feeds.kodi.tv/xbmc
22:02:19 T:7744   DEBUG: CRemoteControl::Connect - connecting to: 127.0.0.1:24000 ...
22:02:19 T:17096   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
22:02:19 T:17096   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/addons.xml.gz.md5
22:02:19 T:17096   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/addons.xml.gz.md5>
22:02:19 T:19292   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 19292 terminating (autodelete)
22:02:19 T:17096   ERROR: CRepositoryUpdateJob[repository.xbmc.org] failed read checksum for directory 'http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/addons.xml.gz'

Maybe something with the port being used or the network settings. Kodi 15.2 still works great BTW.

Does this trigger any other ideas for anyone?
Thanks again for following along and adding your input.
Having Kodi 15.2 working great, seems to put you in a good position.. I'd recommend you keep it (even back-it-up). One thing that stands out is the errors seem to be the same, and I question if you have really renamed C:\Users\c2phace\AppData\Roaming\Kodi So many users re-install and nothing changes because they still have their old set-up in roaming. Let's hope you'll have better luck when Krypton is nailed.
@PatK
Kodi 15.2 is great, but not being able to use the most up-to-date version of the software because of some unknown error seems less great. I get why you question whether I really did try to do certain things I said I did - I've been on here for years reading "help me" posts and I too sometimes get annoyed by the lack of initiative - but trust me, I tried everything I could think of other than editing actual program files at random. In case anyone else is having this issue, here is what I have tried recently (on top of the other things I tried previously):

- Creating a new windows user, and installing Kodi under that profile (guaranteeing a clean userdata file)
- Changing my DNS settings to Google's servers. I read somewhere this worked for a few users (did not work for me)
- Thinking it might be my router somehow blocking connection, I disconnected my PC from my home internet, and connected to the hotspot on my phone - Still the same errors in the log.
- Increasing the time CCurlclient timeout limit on making the network connection in the advancedsettings.xml

My next attempt will be to install a clean copy on my laptop, and then manually copy the working updated user folder to my problem PC. So at that point I can rule out the network, or the user folder/add-ons/old settings causing the problem.

Anyone with any other ideas I would be willing to give it a shot (besides just telling me to stick with an older version). I'll continue to troubleshoot and come back if I get anywhere.

Thanks again!
Okay, so I had a bit of luck tonight. I tried about 10 more ideas with no luck (mostly methods of clean install, or network related options). Finally I decided to try running Kodi in safe mode. It WORKED!

I had a hunch. I restarted in normal mode and disabled my graphics card (black screen) remoted into my PC with my laptop and tried running it - again it worked perfectly, this time not in safe mode.

I have a newish graphics card GTX 760 with the most recent driver - I've tried older ones from last year, same issues. Supports DirectX 12. Have no other video issues with games or software (I do a lot of intensive 3D rendering and video editing). So the question is what is the next best option? Is this just a case of unsupported hardware?

Thanks again for your ideas.
One more attempt today - booted into safe mode, opened Kodi, disabled hardware acceleration and set render method to 'software'. Booted back to standard mode, received the same instant crash at start up, same basic log.

Also I tried uninstalling Java (read somewhere it might work) didn't change anything.

I'm running out of options that I can come up with. Thought about asking over at the Nvidia forums, but it will most likely end with them telling me to come back here.
Should I post over at the Kodi hardware forum?
Try v17 if that maybe solves it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just wanted to report back that v17 is not working either - same issues, same error. I've been working with Nvidia's support team over the past week or two and every diagnostic/settings adjustment they have had me try has shown that the graphics card and driver are working properly. They are digging through the Kodi debug logs right not. This issue is only happening with Kodi, and no other graphic intensive games of applications, so it's kind of hard to keep blaming the graphics card driver.

I'm seeing this issue popping up more and more on the forums so maybe there will be a real solution soon.

I'll let everyone who is interested know if Nvidia comes up with anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After Jarvis update "Kodi has Stopped Working"0