Theme settings not surviving reboot
Picked up a new HTPC, did a fresh install and installed Aeon Nox again. Moved the navigation bar to lower and added my custom "movies" and "kids" sections. Also change the them to red vs the default blue.

If I reboot all setting are lost except the red.

Anyone experience anything like this?

Thanks.
Kodi probably crashes before shutdown causing the settings not to be written to settings.xml. You can force the settings to be written by doing a skin.reload(). It's probably the easiest to do this by adding an entry to a submenu and going to home screen. After that you can remove the entry again.
(2016-06-24, 02:14)BigNoid Wrote: Kodi probably crashes before shutdown causing the settings not to be written to settings.xml. You can force the settings to be written by doing a skin.reload(). It's probably the easiest to do this by adding an entry to a submenu and going to home screen. After that you can remove the entry again.

Could you explain this a bit more? I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.
If you go to the skin settings, choose setup the aeon nox main menu. Go to the system menu item (or whatever you want) and choose manage submenu. Choose Custom command and type:
Code:
ReloadSkin()
. Set the label to Reload/Save/etc. Now whenever you want to make sure the settings are saved, press that button on the submenu and you can safely reboot after that without losing settings.
This worked perfectly. No I guess I need to figure out why Kodi is crashing at reboots.

Thanks for your time!
I wouldn't bother. Unless there are obvious signs in the debug log (wiki) ofc
this is known bug in Jarvis, but wont be fixed as Jarvis development is closed.

the bug is already fixed in Krypton
Alright, I'll wait. Thanks guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Theme settings not surviving reboot0