4K Projector Options w/3D Under $3K

MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Getting pretty excited. Reading though that for 4K, longer HDMI cables may pose issues. I have my Epson 5025UB presently connected via a 35 ft. cable. So, was considering the 5040UBe. But, if 35 ft. is still okay, I'd rather get 5040UB or the Pro Cinema 4040.

Edit: Looks like this HDMI cable may do the trick.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I think I am more interested in the 4040 because the price.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Hopefully, we'll see reviews of 5040 vs. 4040 soon.

Update: Looks like not much CR difference between 6040 vs 4040. From AVSForum, based on Cine4Home's review (via Google Translate):
Quote:only a maximum 20% improvement in CR for the 6040 over the 4040 due to the lens iris, so not a big difference really
My Family Room Theater
Base on all the DLP Projector that was announce at CEDIA 2016, i think our only option for Faux K (4K) projector is the Epson 4K E-Shift projectors.The price of the TI DLP 4K projector are $15000 and up and most of them will be released in end of Q1.
Unfortunately, it looks like we're at least 2 years (or more) out before getting affordable true 4K PJ options.

I'll likely get an eShift PJ (JVC RS400 or Epson 5040UB), but waiting a little. No rush due to amount, variety of 4K content, especially as I'd hate to go back to discs.
My Family Room Theater
ACER V9800 4K Projector

Ok the Acer 4K projector is real but pricey..Confused
I decided to wait on the Epson 5040 because of HDR being too dim and other issues reported by users @ AVSForum. You're right Acer is too pricey. Maybe by CEDIA 2017 in the Fall, we'll have a couple of decent, affordable 4K PJ options?
My Family Room Theater
Optoma announces new true 4K PJ... affordable at $2,800 retail, but, sadly no 3D. Manufacturers are really killing off 3D now Sad...
http://hometheaterreview.com/optoma-unve...projector/
My Family Room Theater
(2017-01-08, 21:16)hdmkv Wrote: Optoma announces new true 4K PJ... affordable at $2,800 retail, but, sadly no 3D. Manufacturers are really killing off 3D now Sad...
http://hometheaterreview.com/optoma-unve...projector/

Why will they release a projector with no 3DHuh
I also got an Acer 4K protector recently from amazon best led protector sellers in 2017. Well it works good cause which can satisfy the needing of my company. Also, the collection of 4k projector including Epson, sony, acer and Optoma is my buying guide, for those who in need can have a refer.
More information given by->> https://www.cfone.net

So, given the gray border issue w/BenQ 2550, and all PJ's using TI's .47 chip, including upcoming Optoma UHD51A, I decided to stick w/Epson 5040UB. I got my 3D ghosting/crosstalk issues 95% resolved, so quite happy w/Epson overall for 3D and 4K!

BenQ also suffers from constant 3D synch inverts, which was main reason I returned it. Expected to be solved by a new f/w soon, but overall contrast, blacks and color richness aren't as good as Epson's.
Hey all, anymore updates on the 3d 4k projector front? Going to he throwing my hat in the ring for one and would really love to know what the users are...using for a better word?

Thanks!
Hi there. I've been using Optoma UHD51A for some weeks now. It isn't perfect, but does 4K HDR and 3D MVC really well, especially considering the price point. See this thread at AVS.
I would go for http://www.projectorcentral.com/LG-HU80K...review.htm
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K Projector Options w/3D Under $3K1