[RELEASE] EasyNews Streamer (Script)
Thumbs Up 
Guys,
I've been wanting to learn python for a while, so I decided to try my hand at a script that would connect to easynews and allow you to search and browse through the following news groups:

alt.binaries.multimedia
alt.binaries.movies.divx
alt.binaries.movies.xvid
alt.binaries.vcdz

Before searching, fill in the settings with your easynews username and password.

http://72.41.129.9/EasyNewsStreamerV1.zip

This is my first script so please be gentle!
I am definately going to check it out when i get home!

bortoni Wrote:Guys,
I've been wanting to learn python for a while, so I decided to try my hand at a script that would connect to easynews and allow you to search and browse through the following news groups:

alt.binaries.multimedia
alt.binaries.movies.divx
alt.binaries.movies.xvid
alt.binaries.vcdz

Before searching, fill in the settings with your easynews username and password.

http://72.41.129.9/EasyNewsStreamerV1.zip

This is my first script so please be gentle!
I have put the script in google code for easy tracking.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-easynews-streamer/

You can download it from there. I added the ability to search all of easynews and a couple of other specific groups. I also fixed a small usability quirk in the search dialog.

Next I will add support for viewing thumbnails of the items as well as being able to save the file and to save multiple searches.

Regards.
You might also want to upload your script to xbmcscripts.com as alot of people download scripts via there as its easy for them.
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
I will... I want to get a little more functionality in there first. If anyone has any suggestions... let me know!
Great script, thanks for releasing this one. Big Grin

Having some problems streaming though, just kicks me back to the 'script selection' screen after a few seconds streaming. I can stream fine from stage6 so divx streaming generally ok. Not sure what might be causing it, I've been playing with cache settings but that doesn't seem to improve it.

As for ideas, please add a download option as you've suggested that would be no 1 request for me.

Maybe an option to just browse through a group in date order with so many items per screen.

Cheers.
Am I correct in assuming this only works for easynet at the moment? I would love to give it a whirl.
Wow. Nice script. Ive been looking for these for ages.

Does it work with NZB files? If not would it be able to in other versions?

I also would love it if it could work with other usenet providers but I can see why it is with easynews... shame really.

ANyway. Great script!

Here is a idea.... Could you link a search to Newzbin. Then have the nbz files open up and download from easynews.

Also, add more newsgroups. Is this easy to do?
This might be helpfull. its a chunk of test code i created to get info out of a nzb file. I dont know what info u can pass to easynews.. This could open things up. We could even add your module to my Torrent-X (Which does NZb sites aswell) so that it could pass them directly to your code for instant playing..

Code:
def ParseNzb(data)  :
    try     :
        ## Get start/end points ##
        Exp         = reCompile('(<file.*?</file>)',reDotAll)
        Tar         = reFindall(Exp,data)
        FileData    =   {}
        RARTYPE =   None
        for FTag in Tar    :
            Exp     = reCompile('<file.*?subject=\"(.*?)\">')
            Subject = reSearch('subject=\".*?\">',FTag).span()
            Fields = str(FTag[Subject[0]+9:Subject[1]-2]).rsplit(' - ')
            FileNm = reSub('"','',Fields[-1])
            FileNm = reSub('&#x22;','',FileNm)
            FileNm = reSub('&quot;','',FileNm)
            Chk1   = reSearch(' yEnc| \(',FileNm,reIgnoreCase)
            if ( Chk1 ) :
                FileNm = FileNm[:Chk1.start()]
            Spaces = FileNm.rsplit(' ')
            FileNm = Spaces[-1]
            FileNm = FileNm.strip()
            ## Now see what type of file it is.
            Record  =   -1
            Type_1  =   reSearch('part\d+\.rar$',FileNm)
            Type_2  =   reSearch('\.r\d+$',FileNm)
            if      ( Type_1 ) or  ( Type_2 )   :
                RecPos  =   reSearch('\d+$',FileNm).span()
                Record  =   int(FileNm[RecPos[0]:RecPos[1]])
                if (Type_2) : Record += 2
            elif    ( reSearch('.rar$',FileNm) )            :
                Record  =   1
            if      Record == -1                    :
                print 'Ignored -- '+ str(FileNm)
            elif    FileData.has_key(Record)        :
                print 'Duplicates -- Cannot Sort This File..'
                raise Exception
            else                                    :
                ##print 'Processed --'+ str(FileNm) +' - In slot: '+ str(Record)
                FileData[Record]    =   FTag
        return FileData
    except :
        print '--ParseNzb Fail--'
        traceback.print_exc()
        return None
Nick8888 Wrote:Am I correct in assuming this only works for easynet at the moment? I would love to give it a whirl.

Yes, This only works with easynews. Here is why:

1) It's what I use Wink
2) No need to deal with Par files or RAR, Easynews pars what it can automatically and will provide a direct link to and Unrared file
Hi,
Thanx for your release, pal. Can anybody please tell me how you do to create a free count on easynews.com? Because the only option available is the premium one (which you have to pay for it).
Thanx in advance.
Check out the "Trial Account" link on the left of the main page.
chunk_1970 Wrote:Check out the "Trial Account" link on the left of the main page.
Thanx for answering me so fast, dude.
I tried to start a trial account, this is what I got:
Quote:The Easynews® free trial has been discontinued due to an increased use of fraudulent credit cards on the Internet. However, we still would like you experience, risk free, the premium Usenet services that we offer.
We have a new Refund Policy that allows you to test our services for 1 week or 1 gigabyte worth of downloads, whichever comes first.
If you are interested in our services, please check them out by signing up for a regular Easynews® account. If you are not satisfied for any reason within the first week and 1 gigabyte of downloads, let us know and we will reverse the signup charge on your credit card and cancel your account. No questions asked.

I feel damn unlucky today.
Easynews is awesome I recommend it. Anyways... update. I've added support for thumb downloading so you can see a bunch of screenshots before deciding to stream.

Also, I should have downloading finished real soon. It works already but I want to clean up the UI first. Once these two items are fully working well I'll post an update.
I tried it out last night and when i do a search it does not return anything. Also It gets me stuck in the script. I let the search go for like 15 min. Anyone know what could be the problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EasyNews Streamer (Script)0