Seeking live TV doesn't work
I'm using this MediaPortal PVR plugin for Kodi but I just cannot get it stable for live TV use. In the MediaPortal client, I can watch live TV and shift backwards and forwards perfectly fine. In Kodi, if I try to go backwards or forwards by any amount, it just skips to the point where I started to watch the channel. The seek bar in the top-right also suggests the length of the stream is either nothing or 1 second. For example, I watch TV for 2 minutes. I then attempt to go back 1 minute. It instead just shifts back 2 minutes to the point where I started to watch that channel.

A similar thing happens for currently recording TV. For example, let's say I'm recording a 2 hour programme and an hour into it I decide to watch it from the start. The seek bar shows I can jump forward up to an hour. The seek bar length never changes though, so after I've watched for an hour, any seek I do will seemingly confuse Kodi and it'll jump me back to hour mark (i.e. where the end point of the recording was when I started watching it).

It seems like the seek bar just doesn't update as the .ts file grows bigger in this situation, therefore it doesn't understand that there is more video to seek through as time goes on. Have I set something up wrongly or do others have this problem too?
Which version of Kodi? With Jarvis it's all okay for me.
16.1 with DSPlayer and the latest MediaPortal PVR plugin.
(2016-06-26, 15:42)DragonQ Wrote: 16.1 with DSPlayer and the latest MediaPortal PVR plugin.
I guess it's DSPlayer!
I've asked about this before in the DSPlayer thread though and no-one seems to have the same issue.
For testing purposes just create a player rule to use use dvdplayer for pvr.
It seems you are correct, it's DSPlayer that isn't properly working with MediaPortal PVR. Do you know how to tell Kodi to use DVDPlayer for live TV and DSPlayer for everything else?

It's a shame really since the main reason I wanted to try Kodi was to get MadVR working with live TV.
Either look at this how-to: 222576 (thread)
or do it manually by creating/modifying "playercorefactory.xml" in your Kodi user data folder and put something like this into it:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
  </players>
  <rules name="system rules">
    <rule name="pvr" protocols="rtsp|pvr" filetypes="ts|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

I'm not really sure about the rtsp protocol.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seeking live TV doesn't work0