Video/picture quality in Kodi with an LG TV
Maybe - to me it looks awful if I don't use "PC" input label. Leaving it on just scan, the video picture is acceptable, but everything else is diabolical. It looks like the contrast is WAY too high (even though the contrast settings on the TV are not), and nothing is smooth - all edges are v jagged. It doesn't look like Windows should look when you connect it to a standard PC monitor.
I find that my LG TV has a tremendous amount of input lag when the input label is set to anything but PC. I also notice that with the label set to PC the Just Scan option is greyed out. I have to accept the input lag and delay the audio of every movie by 100ms to compensate.
(2016-07-05, 14:23)kmanpilkers Wrote: Maybe - to me it looks awful if I don't use "PC" input label. Leaving it on just scan, the video picture is acceptable, but everything else is diabolical. It looks like the contrast is WAY too high (even though the contrast settings on the TV are not), and nothing is smooth - all edges are v jagged. It doesn't look like Windows should look when you connect it to a standard PC monitor.

What are your settings for Use limited color range? Maybe changing it will do the trick?
(2016-07-05, 15:07)zawaponga Wrote:
(2016-07-05, 14:23)kmanpilkers Wrote: Maybe - to me it looks awful if I don't use "PC" input label. Leaving it on just scan, the video picture is acceptable, but everything else is diabolical. It looks like the contrast is WAY too high (even though the contrast settings on the TV are not), and nothing is smooth - all edges are v jagged. It doesn't look like Windows should look when you connect it to a standard PC monitor.

What are your settings for Use limited color range? Maybe changing it will do the trick?

Not tried that - will give it a go later. Think it's something more fundamental with the video signal sent by the PC's gfx card to the TV though. Unless the TV "knows" it's receiving input from a PC, by changing the "PC" input label, the contrast and everything looks totally wrong. But using the "PC" input label seems to affect how sharp the picture is to the extent that it's' noticeable on video, esp if you have a comparison.
Why not try a proper operating system like linux, via libreleelc on a usb stick, to determine if this is a windows issue.

Also the list of supported refresh rates on PC input are different to those on other inputs, see your instruction manual.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
"Just Scan" gives a 1:1 pixel/input match with no internal rescaling. This should give best results.
@kmanpilkers, what is the exact model ?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video/picture quality in Kodi with an LG TV0