Linux Major GUI corruption in Jarvis with my projector
Exclamation 
I am having a ton of issues with Openelec and Libreelec Jarvis builds (7.x) with GUI display corruption (random blackouts every few seconds or horizontal graphic glitches in the UI). It doesn't seem to effect video playback. If I start a video and stop it, the GUI goes back to normal 90% of the time. I have a MAC Mini 2011 with an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000. I've been running Openelec since its inception with none of these issues, it is isolated to Jarvis. Rolling back to any of the OE Isengard builds alleviates the problem (OE 6.x builds).

Immediately after the Libreelec screen shows after POST, I get flashing green or purple lines all over the screen and my projector keeps loosing sync and reports "Looking for signal". This doesn't happen on every boot but about 25% of the time. If I put the unit into "standby" and wake up, it happens 100% of the time and looks like the photo attached.

I've also included a few videos of the issue when booting Libreelec from the install media to show the issue.

Things I've tried:

-Bypassing the AVR (issue persists)
-Changing to software rendering (issue persists but since I don't have the problem with playing videos, only with the GUI, don't think with has any effect)
-Connecting to a desktop monitor (issue is gone)
-Checking xrandr and output is showing 1920x1080 @ 60FPS correctly
-Changing frame rate to 25 or 30 and I no longer have an issue. When the GUI is set to 60 or 59.94 or 50 it causes the problem
-Generating a custom edid from my working OE 6.x system and used it on Libreelec 7.x per the article here: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Config...#tab=Intel (issue persists)

This seems to be something with the refresh rate and my projector from what I can deduce. My projector is the very popular BenQ W1070 if that matters.

I've also included a debug log (I was playing around with render settings in Kodi during this log generation):

http://pastebin.com/gJHiwzgj

Another (possibly unrelated issue) I have with Jarvis is a dropped frame every 10 seconds or so while monitoring the "o" overlay. Never had this problem as well prior to Jarvis.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided to help isolate and fix this issue
I have seen a very similar pic to your first one on another thread, but I can't find it, or remember whether there was a fix.

Sorry, not much help, but at least you know you might not be the only one!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nice - change HDMI cable, try with other TV. If it does not work -> bugs.freedesktop.org it's a display driver issue not in any way related to kodi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Major GUI corruption in Jarvis with my projector0