Thumbnail creation / ImageLib - bug fix to come hopefully
I'm trying to track down a couple of bugs related to the creation of thumbnails, and I've run into a barrier. Everything looks good until functions that I believe are in the ImageLib are called. The problem is that I don't know what code is used to create ImageLib since it's stored in svn as a binary.
Ok, I found the first one. Video thumbnails were messed up. It wasn't in the ImageLib, but rather was caused by directories that weren't getting created. Here's a patch:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph...tid=581840

The other is a problem with permissions on music thumbnails that are created by recursive library scans. If I fix the permissions manually, they show up as expected. I haven't found where the file is created (and incorrect permisssions set) yet.
ImageLib sources are in sources/ folder in branch (and/or trunk). Ideally patches for that should go directly into trunk Smile

Thanks for the video thumb fix - will apply.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan. I dug around and found the sources folder a little earlier, and after much stumbling, I figured ImageLib is not at fault here either.

In xbmc/linux/XFileUtils.cpp, CopyFile(), the open of the destination file is creating a file with weird permissions. If I use the stat() from the source file to set dest permission during open(), it looks better, but I still can't set owner read. Best I can tell, the thread umask is goofed up, but I haven't been able to track down the thread creation yet.
Out of curiosiosity, what are these bugs?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
First one, now fixed, was that video thumbnails did not show up.

Second one is that music folder thumbnails only show up if scan is started from that particular folder. Recursive scans result in thumbnails being created in UserData/Thumbnails/Music/*/, but they do not have read permissions. In XBMC, they show as nothing, not even the default folder icon.

I plan to work on it more later, but I'm out of town this weekend.
commited a fix (hopefully). thanks herg.
vulkanr,

Works for me. I think you squashed it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail creation / ImageLib - bug fix to come hopefully0