What part of code fills in the listitems
Is eg ListItem.Art(thumb) filled (data entered, eg "Y:\Firefly\s01e06-thumb.jpg") by the skin or by Kodi itself?

Thanks
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
since you're asking in the addon dev section, the answer is it's filled by the addon.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-06-29, 21:05)ronie Wrote: since you're asking in the addon dev section, the answer is it's filled by the addon.

Euhm...
I do in my addon :
Code:
ListItem_Art_thumb_unicode = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Art(thumb)').decode("utf-8")

I guess the data in 'ListItem_Art_thumb_unicode' ("Y:\Firefly\s01e06-thumb.jpg") comes from Kodi itself? Or are all these listitems filled by the skin (eg : ListItem.Path, ListItem.FileName, ...)?

Reason I ask is because I am seeing some sort of race condition with my addon.

Same code: most of the time it works, but sometimes not.

Need to know were to do the bug report...
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
ok, so you are trying to retrieve the thumb in your addon...

those are set by kodi.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
they are set by kodi on a background thread, that's why you see the race. it's expected behavior.
(2016-06-30, 10:55)ironic_monkey Wrote: they are set by kodi on a background thread, that's why you see the race. it's expected behavior.

At the moment, this is for my addon unwanted behavior. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, is not very good Sad

Is there a way to let my addon wait until the background thread has finished? This way I will always recieve data from my getInfoLabel calls (better to wait and get a valid result, then to quickly fail...)

Thanks

BTW: I did a test to call getInfoLabel every 25 msec (polling for result) until I would get a result (= no empty string). I regular get no results at all, my samplevideo ends after 12 seconds and I would asume this helper thread would have filled the listitems within 12 seconds. It appears that the listitems get filled after the playback of the videofile ends...

succes: http://pastebin.com/h2JptwmY
fail: http://pastebin.com/w2dNm9Cj
test addon: https://github.com/Wimpie-ccc/helperfile...r?raw=true
search after: 'listitems bug' for the addon logging.
I submitted a bug report for this: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16782

Both kodi 16.1 and 17 (6/28) have this problem...
ListItem.* infolabels are only available in windows that contain a list.

as far as i understand, you're trying to retrieve the path and thumb of the currently playing video?
if that's the case, you need to use Player.* infolabels instead:
- Player.FileNameAndPath
- Player.Art(thumb)
(2016-06-30, 19:13)ronie Wrote: ListItem.* infolabels are only available in windows that contain a list.

as far as i understand, you're trying to retrieve the path and thumb of the currently playing video?
if that's the case, you need to use Player.* infolabels instead:
- Player.FileNameAndPath
- Player.Art(thumb)

It works with listitem, beside the race condition... But you are correct, it doesn't work when you play the video via the "recently added" home screen of confluence (probably no list there...).

I tried with player & videoplayer infolabels, but that didn't work out for me at the time...

I need the filename and path of a .strm file I am playing. Player.FileNameAndPath gives me the filename and path of the file I put INSIDE the .strm file. I cannot use that. I tried all infolabels with path or filename, only the listitem infolabel returned me the file and path name of the .strm file.

Otherwise I need a feature request to even be able to build my addon:
Make a Player.StrmPath & Player.StrmFileName infolabel that contains the location of the .strm file we are now playing (again, we are actually playing a videofile that is mentioned IN that .strm file).

I can't program this addon without knowing the location of the .strm file (I need to read the contents of this .strm file) and listitem.Path & listitem.FileName is the only location were I found this...

All this is for bluray iso utils, you can see the source code on github...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What part of code fills in the listitems0