Getting rid of advancedsettings.xml makes sense
Rather than get rid of it, is there any way to make editing it simpler? I've been looking through youtube and various forums for days and I need a way to edit advancedsetting.xml on screen with the remote. I'm tired of looking up things and downloading repositories and on and on and on. Is there or is there not a text editor I can use on a TV screen with Kodi?
Editing is already simple.
What I do:
1. Switch on machine running kodi.
2. Navigate to kodi userdata folder from my pc in windows explorer (which needs an smb server installed on android).
3. Click on advancedsettings.xml - which opens it in notepad++ for me (set in windows preferences).
4. Edit file.
5. Save file.
6. Re-start kodi if it's running.
It's as easy to do on any machine in my network as it is on my local pc.

You want to start editing text files in the gui of a media centre with a remote. That's possible - but unless you're just toggling settings or adding / removing standard lines it's not sensible.
No idea how editing in the gui is going to help you with 'looking up things and downloading repositories and on and on and on' though.
What I want to do is change the amount of cache that advancedsettings.xml is allowing. I want to do it on my TV using nothing other than the remote for my FireTV. Is this possible?
Thread moved to OS independent
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting rid of advancedsettings.xml makes sense0