Custom Dialogue
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way i can make a custom dialogue box that opens when you click on it from a shortcut in the skin and gives me the option of 2 addons to open then i can select one.
For example lets say you click radio it will then open a box in the center of the screen asking which addon you would like to open for radio.
Just wondering how I would go about this?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.
yup, it's possible to add custom dialogs to a skin.
see: http://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual#Ad...ra_Windows

here's an example of a custom dialog i use to run several addons:
https://github.com/ronie/skin.transparen...Extras.xml

depending on the type of addon you want to run (plugin or script) you may need to change onclick defenitions
to ActivateWindow() instead of RunScript().
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok thanks for the help I will try to work on it now Smile
I am trying to use the <onclick> thing to make the addon open when I click it but I am a little confused, what should I change this to?
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

Should it be:
<onclick >RunScript(
and I am not sure about the rest.
as said, it depends on if the addon you want to run is a script or a plugin.

for scripts, use:
RunScript(script.id)

for plugins:
ActivateWindow(videos,plugin://plugin.id)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok and if i wanted to run the xml file in kodi how would i do it.
In super favorites there is a way to add a favorite manually and it says enter a name and enter a command, could in do it this way?
(2016-07-01, 19:22)nath183 Wrote: Ok and if i wanted to run the xml file in kodi how would i do it.

it's explained in the wiki article i linked to:
To activate your window, you can do it by adding a button control elsewhere in the skin, or you can get it to popup on a press of the controller or remote via keymap.xml and so on. Basically you just need to run ActivateWindow(id) from a suitable place.

(2016-07-01, 19:22)nath183 Wrote: In super favorites there is a way to add a favorite manually and it says enter a name and enter a command, could in do it this way?

no idea, i'm not familiar with that addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Dialogue0