Jarvis 16.1 will not load
I had Kodi from last year working great on my laptop. I switched to Jarvis 16.1 and it will not load.
Google gave me nothing to go on. I suspect it has to do with my laptops dual GPU. I did install it
over top of the old version. It worked on my desktop when I did it that way. I uninstalled it and
removed the user appdata kodi folders and reinstalled. No matter what I end up with the same results.

Lenevo Laptop
Intel I5
8 gb ram
intel/ati DDI version 11
windows 7 sp 1
Jarvis 16.1

click on kodi icon I only get "Kodi has stopped working"

the initial kodi.txt file says this

12:51:10 T:4292 WARNING: CSettingString: unknown options filler "timezonecountries" of "locale.timezonecountry"
12:51:10 T:4292 WARNING: CSettingString: unknown options filler "timezones" of "locale.timezone"
12:51:10 T:4292 ERROR: CSettings: unable to load settings from special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, creating new default settings

last 2 lines
12:51:11 T:4292 NOTICE: Additional mode: 1600x900@ 60.00 - Full Screen
12:51:11 T:4292 NOTICE: Checking resolution 16

I the followed the instructions and created the advancesettings.xml normal debugging.

12:58:13 T:6184 WARNING: CSettingString: unknown options filler "timezonecountries" of "locale.timezonecountry"
12:58:13 T:6184 WARNING: CSettingString: unknown options filler "timezones" of "locale.timezone"

last 2 lines
12:58:13 T:6184 NOTICE: Additional mode: 1600x900@ 60.00 - Full Screen
12:58:13 T:6184 NOTICE: Checking resolution 16

Any help would be appreciated, Glenn
I am right. It does not Jarvis does not like my dual GPU in my laptop. I went into the BIOS and set it only to Intel GPU. It now works.

So I am hoping to get it to work with dual GPU. Is there a way to force Kodi to use one or the other without me going to my BIOS and disabling my ATI GPU?
Kodi is supposed to know that you have two graphic systems and offer a choice? I don't think there is a user setting for that, but perhaps you could make a batch file to insert the correct driver prior to launch? Alternatively you might install Kodi 15.2 whihc might work out of the box on both graphic configurations... (worth a try anyway)
The GPU selection is an OS/driver function, not an application decision. I have a Dell work laptop that has both Intel and AMD (ATI) graphics - AMD provides a utility that allows you to choose which GPU a program runs on. I think they refer to it as "power saving" or "performance", but it's basically "on board" vs "external".

A quick Google shows up this, so have a firkle.
(2016-07-01, 19:11)Prof Yaffle Wrote: The GPU selection is an OS/driver function, not an application decision. I have a Dell work laptop that has both Intel and AMD (ATI) graphics - AMD provides a utility that allows you to choose which GPU a program runs on. I think they refer to it as "power saving" or "performance", but it's basically "on board" vs "external".

A quick Google shows up this, so have a firkle.

Thank you, this helped. Changed the intel settings and found out my catalyst control center was the wrong version. All happy now. I do apologize for my post with bad punctuation.

Problem Solved
I think maybe this is my situation also. I had to get a new laptop because the hinges cracked the base on my hp (again). On the old laptop Kodi 16.2 works just fine. It does have dual video cards, but I don't think they ever worked right. At least I could never get Kodi to use the Nvidea video card, just the smaller intel graphics.

My new laptop is the Lenovo 700 with 256 ssd and 1 tb hdd as well as Nvidea graphics and a built in intel graphics. I couldn't get Kodi working the day before on the Lenovo, so I did a factory reset, got it working. First thing I did was make sure Kodi 16.2 was working, then I went to installing otherprograms, directing file paths, etc. Today Kodi didn't work. (At some point I told the graphics to do everything with Nvidea)

I did get xbmc 13.2 to work, but I will turn off the graphics and see if I can get Kodi 16.2 to work. Post back with update.
Disabled Nvidea card went with Intel integrated graphics, loaded 16.2 Jarvis, works just fine!

Now though, advanced settings is setting in video add ons. i'll try to move it so it doesn't get tinkered with by other users.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis 16.1 will not load0