Mark as watched and playcount
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to make the playcount / "Mark as watched" feature working properly in a plugin. I've stripped down the source code to a bare minimum, which can be found here:

https://github.com/plu/plugin.video.play...default.py

What I do:

* Open context menu on one of the two items
* Mark as watched

What I expect to happen:

* It marks the video as watched and shows the checkmark

What happens instead:

* It does not mark the video as watched, neither it does show the checkmark

What am I missing? Any hints are appreciated!

I'm running Kodi 16.1 Git:2016-04-24-c327c53 on Mac OS 10.11.5.

Thanks,
Johannes
Using direct links to network streams is a bad idea for several reasons:

First, for each link Kodi issues a HEAD request, trying to get media item metadata. This may slow down rendering media lists with large number of items.

Second, yes, "watched"/"in progress" marks do not work for direct network links for some reason.

A best practice for Kodi media plugins is to play media items via a plugin callback that calls xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl() function at the end.
Thank you for the hint! Pointing back now to my addon via plugin://plugin.video.wwdc/?action=Play&sessionID=228 and using setResolvedUrl() now.

Good thing: Resume is working now, also the video is properly marked as watched. But what is missing is the "Mark as watched/unwatched" context menu item. Any hints what I might be missing?

Code:
def actionPlay(self, params):
        sessionID = params.pop('sessionID')
        session = self.sessions.find(sessionID)
        item = xbmcgui.ListItem(session.title, path=session.url, iconImage=session.fanart, thumbnailImage=session.fanart)
        xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(handle=self.handle, succeeded=True, listitem=item)

def actionYear(self, params):
        year = params.pop('year', '2016')
        sessions = []
        for session in sorted(self.sessions.list(year), key=lambda x: x.title, reverse=False):
            url = self.urlFor({'action': 'Play', 'sessionID': session.sessionID})
            item = xbmcgui.ListItem(session.title, path=url, iconImage=session.fanart, thumbnailImage=session.fanart)
            item.setInfo('video', {
                'title': session.title,
                'plot': session.description,
                'year': session.year,
                'duration': session.duration,
            })
            item.setProperty('IsPlayable', 'true')
            sessions.append((url, item, False))
        xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItems(self.handle, sessions, len(sessions))
        xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(self.handle)
The full source can be found here: https://github.com/plu/plugin.video.wwdc
You have to add your own context menu item for marking as watched/unwatched. If I'm not mistaken, it should be something like this:
Code:
item.addContextMenuItems([('Mark as wached/unwatched', 'Action(ToggleWatched)')])
Thank you so much Smile!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark as watched and playcount0