LibreELEC - AC3 passtrough issue
Hi,

I have this problem. I'm have Raspberry Pi 3 connected by HDMI to LG 49LF630V and from TV is connected optical audio to LG BD Audio system (not know model number) with optical input. When I'm playing movies with DD 2.0, everything is OK, reciever using Dolby ProLogic 2 technology to upmix stereo sound do 5.1, dialogs are played by center speaker. But when I seek the movie, dialogs are played by front left and front right speakers. After stop movie and play again, everything is OK again. Movies with audio DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 are OK. In settings I have choiced 5.1 speakers and enabled passtrough (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS). My TV has enabled passtrought (DD, DTS) too. Any ideas to resolve this issue? Thanks and sorry for bad english.
(2016-07-01, 13:38)mrsalieri Wrote: Hi,

I have this problem. I'm have Raspberry Pi 3 connected by HDMI to LG 49LF630V and from TV is connected optical audio to LG BD Audio system (not know model number) with optical input. When I'm playing movies with DD 2.0, everything is OK, reciever using Dolby ProLogic 2 technology to upmix stereo sound do 5.1, dialogs are played by center speaker. But when I seek the movie, dialogs are played by front left and front right speakers. After stop movie and play again, everything is OK again. Movies with audio DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 are OK. In settings I have choiced 5.1 speakers and enabled passtrough (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS). My TV has enabled passtrought (DD, DTS) too. Any ideas to resolve this issue? Thanks and sorry for bad english.

Never choose 5.1 for number of channels with optical. It must be set to 2.0 (which is all optical supports).
You will still get multichannel audio for passthrough formats (it is just passed over a stereo physical channel).
(2016-07-01, 13:45)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-07-01, 13:38)mrsalieri Wrote: Hi,

Never choose 5.1 for number of channels with optical. It must be set to 2.0 (which is all optical supports).
You will still get multichannel audio for passthrough formats (it is just passed over a stereo physical channel).
Really?? That's pretty counter intuitive. I would assume kodi would not passthrough ac3 or dts if 2.0 was selected. I don't think that's clear from the wording in the menu
It is "number of channels" not "number of speakers". See http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_settings
Quote:This is the number of PCM channels that the audio connection supports and not the number of speakers connected. For example, using Dolby Digital over SPDIF will provide 5.1 audio to your system, even though SPDIF only supports 2.0 PCM channels. This setting does not apply to passthrough audio connections, if enabled.
Set number of channels to 2.0 and it's seems to be OK Smile
Yes, it's OK now. Thanks!
Probably not the answer you are looking for but: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6TJ2CT7755
I have one and it is awesome

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC - AC3 passtrough issue0