Kodi+os from usb on 32bit laptop
I am new to Kodi. I have an old laptop which had a hard disk failure and I want to recycle it by setting it up as a media server. I downloaded the 32bit rc kodibuntu iso and purchased an 8GB usb stick. I then followed instruction from here http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...lash_drive which says "Creating a Kodibuntu or Ubuntu USB disk is easy, including Live mode."

Ok so specifically I used linux live usb creator to make it into a live disk (with 4090MB persistance). After launching kodi I exited to go into the linux desktop and set up my wifi. I read that the 32bit version is not the latest so I ran package manager hit refresh and then update. It took a while to update but looks like I broke it because after a reboot it stops at an initramfs prompt.

I guess this is because of running in live mode instead of installing. Should I start over? I could go out tomorrow, buy some blank dvd or a 2nd usb stick, burn the iso to that and install to the usb but will that even work? Is there another way?

I am sure there are many ways but can someone please recommend me an approach for installing latest kodi+os for my sitution?
Openelec.
I downloaded the Openelec iso but it was 64bit. I see they have legacy 32bit - can I update that to latest kodi version once installed?
Not really sure what openelec is.. Is that based on linux too or something else? I am a little confused the versions of kodi/openelec.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi+os from usb on 32bit laptop0