• 4(current)
Android KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV
(2016-11-23, 13:48)Etzi Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 12:25)Koying Wrote: Well, if that's so important to you, return the TV, buy a "dumb" one at a third of the price + a shield and still make a profit

700€ for a 4K Sony Android? At that price, no wonder they'd do some saving on a basically pointless gigabit Wink

You pretty much, pay only for the LCD panel...all other stuff inside those devices, is "free extra"... Image

I would rather they leave out the "free extra". Also nothing is free and you certainly pay for anything they put in it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
here it comes Marshmallow Smile 2015/2016 models..

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?sub...1481276304
I wonder when it will be out for everyone?
(2016-12-13, 14:33)pabba Wrote: I wonder when it will be out for everyone?

im checking every few hours still nothing, but im in oceanic region.
I have a X850D. If I play blue ray images (e.g. Earth) on Kodi the video is stuttering. I only get about 10 fps. No matter if external disk or network share. The Sony player play this videos fine.
I use the options describes here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2475321:
Mediacodec (Surface) = on
Mediacodec = off

Has anyone a configuration to play blue ray images on Kodi?

Because the Sony player plays the video fine, I tried to configure the Sony player as external player in Kodi, but it didn’t work.

Here my playercorefactory:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="SonyVideoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.sony.dtv.osat.video</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename="*.mkv" player="SonyVideoPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

What is wrong?
You are most probably trying to play VC-1 video which is not supported in hardware due to MediaTek driver limitations on Sony, see here and here.
still no update here in Europe. any news outside?
Hello.

Does Kodi run smoothly on Sony 4K Smart TV's? I am a newbie but trying to look for as much information as possible, Thanks
(2016-12-16, 06:45)CiNcH Wrote: You are most probably trying to play VC-1 video which is not supported in hardware due to MediaTek driver limitations on Sony, see here and here.

You’re right the blue ray I try, has an VC-1 codec.

(2016-12-17, 22:01)warriorcat Wrote: Hello.

Does Kodi run smoothly on Sony 4K Smart TV's? I am a newbie but trying to look for as much information as possible, Thanks

No.
- VC-1 encoded video not watchable
- video with supported codecs have some times micro stutter (Is not the same as the Sony player)
- On my recordings (German TV MPEG2) - audio async
- LiveTV (PVR -tvheadend or vdr) not watchable

Have anyone get the Sony player working as external player in Kodi?
(2016-12-18, 22:03)gs24 Wrote: Have anyone get the Sony player working as external player in Kodi?
yes..... If the internal player name is the same as in 2015 W75C then you need to add this

Code:
<player name="Vídeo" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
to factory.xml file.
(2016-12-18, 23:59)kinggo Wrote:
(2016-12-18, 22:03)gs24 Wrote: Have anyone get the Sony player working as external player in Kodi?
yes..... If the internal player name is the same as in 2015 W75C then you need to add this

Code:
<player name="Vídeo" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
to factory.xml file.

could you please explain it better? thanks!
No, not really. I have no idea what else to say. It is that simple. Maybe only to read the http://kodi.wiki/view/external_players
(2016-12-19, 11:42)kinggo Wrote: No, not really. I have no idea what else to say. It is that simple. Maybe only to read the http://kodi.wiki/view/external_players

So what is this for? Kodi would use Sony native video app as the invisible player core for playing videos?
or is it a sort of plugin behaviour where the Sony player is launched from inside Kodi?

what are the benefits?
@kinggo
Thanks, I don’t see the difference to my configuration posted above, but yours work.

@pabba
The Sony player is launched from inside Kodi.

benefits:
- multi channel audio (DTS) pass through
- watch videos with not supported codes by Kodi (e.g. vc1)

Copy the playercorefactory.xml to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

sample playercorefactory.xml to play 5.1 audio with Sony video player

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="SonyVideoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="dvdplayer">
<rule audiochannels="6" player="SonyVideoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Quote:- watch videos with not supported codes by Kodi (e.g. vc1)
kodi supports those very well, but your tv's mediacodec implementation does not.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV0