v17 Unable to exit through Menu in Full Screen
Levi - try the setting change detailed in this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2414758

EDIT: False alarm, the problem reoccurred after several successful exits.
Additional observation:

I've noticed that if I do not immediately click exit when entering the Power Options menu, Kodi successfully exits to the desktop. Try entering the menu, scroll up and down for a few seconds, then hit exit. Hitting exit immediately upon entering the Power Options menu guarantees a lock-up.
Edit: updated thread subject to include full screen.

Thanks for the heads up, I tried restoring all the defaults, turning MFAA on and off, created Kodi only applications settings (in Nvidia CP) and waiting in the menu before exiting.

This particular issue I would find strange being a driver/GPU issue, given the function of exiting still works fine in windowed mode and it is Kodi that crashes not the device or driver.

15 Sep 16 nightly (windowed, exit fine): http://pastebin.com/8B1tV4ay
15 Sep 16 nightly (fullscreen, exit not worked): http://pastebin.com/6sc7eXc1
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Beta 2 release still won't exit when in full screen. Will post debug in the morning. Would a crash log help since Kodi freezes?

http://pastebin.com/0KmzcUmY
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Do not know if it could help you:

-Go to settings\system\display
-change "number of buffers use by the graphic driver" from 3 (default) to 2

Try that on mine and it seems that kodi exit way better from full screen
Moanbag is in da place!
Same problem here, in my case it happens most of the times after stop a video, screen goes black and I must to restart the computer. I was thinking it was a problem with AMD drivers but if something similar is happening on NVIDIA cards too, then maybe is something that Kodi is not handleing well when exiting from fullscreen.
(2016-09-18, 16:05)Gracus Wrote: Do not know if it could help you:

-Go to settings\system\display
-change "number of buffers use by the graphic driver" from 3 (default) to 2

Try that on mine and it seems that kodi exit way better from full screen

Gave it shot but unfortunately full screen still froze up, windowed seemed to exit quicker though.
Do you have some sort of device plugged in? FATAL: E:\Applications\Kodi\addons\peripheral.joystick\peripheral.joystick.dll is a system dll and should never be released In the debug I saw 4 "Fatal' reports, and it leans towards add-ons holding up the show.
PatK - I have the typical keyboard, mouse and speakers connected.

I do have xbox 360 controller drivers installed so that I can use my Logitech F710 controller but it only gets connected to my PC when I would like to use it. Kodi was failing in full screen mode prior to installing the 360 driver though.

No additional add-ons installed, just what comes with the Kodi repo.
Completed a clean uninstall and downloaded the Windows store version, which also locks up when trying to exit from full screen.

Fairly painless procedure for getting Kodi from the Windows Store. I did notice that it had Directx9 as the minimum in specs, doesn't v17 require D11?
Ftw: GPU that supports at least level DirectX version 9.0c and has drivers that have correctly implemented DX11 API support. This does NOT mean you need DX11 and looking at your set-up, it's slightly better than the one I'm using although the closing issue at this point is a bit baffling. I suspect the nighties may have nailed this issue. I suggest patience.

Kodi v17 (Krypton) FAQ (wiki)
28 Sep 16 Nightly build:

http://pastebin.com/eGpxzQ7b
Success, 29 Sep 16 NIghtly.

Win 10 AE 64bit home fresh install, Chrome, ESET smart security and 353.54 Nvidia display driver

http://pastebin.com/PwYjvrCh
Same problem here since the anniversary update Windows 10 64 bit, AMD RADEON HD5460 GPU. Exiting on menu from full screen causes black screen in stead of desktop. Also when switching from full screen to full window gives the same problem. Seems like my pc doesn't toggle to the right refresh rate or something like that. Yesterday installed nightly 101116, beta 4. No difference.
(2016-10-12, 09:27)Knoxville144 Wrote: Same problem here since the anniversary update Windows 10 64 bit, AMD RADEON HD5460 GPU. Exiting on menu from full screen causes black screen in stead of desktop. Also when switching from full screen to full window gives the same problem. Seems like my pc doesn't toggle to the right refresh rate or something like that. Yesterday installed nightly 101116, beta 4. No difference.

Same issue, but inconsistent: sometimes I get the blank screen when I go windowed and sometimes I don't. Windows 10 Anniversary, AMD card with latest beta drivers, and Kodi beta 3. I am running through an AVR to my TV and found that if I switch the AVR to a different input and back again it resolves the blank screen issue. Also works when I am exiting Kodi and it freezes and I try to get to the task manager.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to exit through Menu in Full Screen2