Custom IR codes possible using Windows?
I am looking to set up a custom IR remote for Kodi on my Intel NUC running Windows 7, because I also have an Xbox 360 running as a Media Center Extender in my media rooms that I typically leave on to access recorded TV. The issue is that the when I try to control Kodi with my Harmony remote using the MCE input (on the NUC), those button pushes also navigate the menus in the Xbox.

The solution I had implemented before was to use Openelec+nuvoton-cir, using an ir-keytable with Sony DVD button codes I assigned the Harmony to send. I am looking to switch from OE to Windows (for various reasons) and I was wondering if there were tools to add the custom IR remote codes (e.g. from the Sony remote like the ones below from my LIRC key), so that I can replicate what I did under Openelec. From what I gather, there may be Windows registry tweaks needed, or it may not be possible at all to use non-MCE remote codes in Windows 7. Does anyone know of a tool that might be able to help me with this, or some a link to documentation on how to enter the custom codes (like below) into Windows registry? Appreciate any help.

0x10074 KEY_UP
0x10034 KEY_LEFT
0x10033 KEY_RIGHT
0x1a005a KEY_PLAY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom IR codes possible using Windows?0