Req Movies in multiple sets
I know this has been said before, but I want to add my two cents to this. I have been told that movies can be have multiple tags and that I should use tags for this purpose, but tags are really messy considering that they can be added without my input and tag management is a mess to wade through. Some movies belong in multiple sets, for example Alien vs Predator. It should be in both the Alien set and the Predator set. If I add movies through scanning I end up with a bunch of tags that I don't care about. Trying to sort through tags is difficult and trying to add movies to tags is a pain in the butt considering how haphazard tags are added. (For example, the only movie under the 007 tag was Spectre. There's more than 20 other movies missing that should be covered by that tag.) I was trying to create a Superman tag and trying to go through all my movies finding all the Superman titles was difficult at best. I don't have all the titles of the Fleischer Superman cartoons memorized. I go through the list and because I can't see the thumbnails, I can't tell if Mechanical Monsters is a Superman title or not.

To summarize: Tags are messy, are arbitrary, and are difficult to manage. Sets are more logical and movies can be added to sets on the fly.
It's actually possible to have a scraper populate tags, and from there try to "standardize" them (on the scraper site or something).

For me the bigger issue is that tag entities can't show up in movie nodes, along side other movies, like movie sets are able to do. Having that grouping in the file list/grid is very nice. I would love to see a feature where each tag could have a checkbox that said "show this tagged grouping in video nodes as a virtual folder" or something. Which tags get shown as folders will depend on if at least one movie matches the node's rules. It may include movies that don't follow those rules, but that's okay. It wouldn't prevent the individual listings from also being listed, but that would likely be desired by the user, given the use case for tags (one movie belonging to multiple groupings).

However it happens, I agree in that the user needs an easier way to be able to do these things. Tags are not quite as easy/manageable as movie sets, nor do tags have all of the features of movie sets.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies in multiple sets0