PVR for IPTV iptvsubs subscription to record tv channels
Recently new member here, I tried to research this topic before I post here.
What I am trying to do is record tv channels in Kodi via tv guide. i have iptvsubs subscription.

I am using desktop PC, Win 7, Kodi runs on my desktop monitor.

I found EPG from epg.ninja, and installed/enabled PVR Simple Client. So I can see tv guide from TV menu in Kodi.
But PVR Simple Client can NOT record.

I researched DVBLink, DVBViewer, Both paid PVR, but I can not install in Kodi, keep getting errors, Connection lost, etc.
In Reddit/IPTV forum, one person claims to record iptvsubs in Kodi using DVBLink, not on PC but some other device.

NextPVR is free but only for tv tuners, not for IPTV.

I asked iptvsubs support, posted on their forum, reddit, etc...But it seem recording tv channels from IPTV is not very popular request.
even this forum searching iptvsubs, PVR didn't result much.
From what I can tell iptvsubs is pretty popular paid iptv service, so I thought there be more PVR recording discussions.
In fact recording tv channels with PVR is popular topis but only for tv tuners, and not IPTV, which i found very surprising.

So if anybody knows how to record in Kodi fro IPTV (not tv tuners), please reply here.
Nextpvr can record iptv. But you need to enter in the channels individually!
The links inside your m3u file (http://xxxx/xx/xx.m3u8 (or .ts)) is what you copy to the nextpvr channel settings!

Here is a tutorial showing you how to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B537iNq1nR4

It only takes a couple of minuets to do (depending how big your
IPTV list is) but this is a full tutorial covering everything you need to know!

...just 1 more thing! Make sure you read the rules here first before posting!
You're not supposed to talk about (or mention) pirated iptv providers!
It could get you in trouble! But I'm sure you didn't mean to do anything wrong!
Everyone deserves a first chance. Wink

Anywho,

Enjoy
03stevensmi
Wink
Thanks.
One question when adding channels. I have .ts file. Which Type I pick? MPEG2_TS, H264TS, or internet source-IPTV

Also didn't know about pirated iptv, will never mention again. I didn't know. I thought I was providing more details so others can help me.
thanks for the advice.
(2016-07-03, 19:01)Joejim Wrote: Thanks.
One question when adding channels. I have .ts file. Which Type I pick? MPEG2_TS, H264TS, or internet source-IPTV

Also didn't know about pirated iptv, will never mention again. I didn't know. I thought I was providing more details so others can help me.
thanks for the advice.

I think it's MPEG2_TS!
Try it and see if it works!
If not then internet source! TS is basically a m3u8.
So give them both a try and see what happens!
Smile
No, TS is not an m3u8.

MPEG-TS is a transport stream format for streaming MPEG video. MPEG2-TS carries MPEG-2 encoded video (such as found on DVDs, and most OTA broadcasts); the transport stream can carry multiple video programs, and each program can have multiple audio streams.

There is MPEG-4/Part 8, which is basically streaming of MPEG-4 over IP, generally using RTP.

M3U8 is a text file format that contains a playlist. It is most often used with HLS, which is Apple's HTTP Live Streaming format. It is codec agnostic, meaning it can be used to descibe MPEG2-TS streams, MPEG-4 streams, or any other type of encoding.

Your best bet is to try MPEG-TS, since that is the standard that most TV streams use. However, an M3U8 playlist is most definitely not a transport stream; they are nothing alike.
TS, m3u8, m3u, etc are all new to me. All I do is enter http:/xxx.ts then I can watch a channel. in VLC before.
Now new .ts I have, I can; t play in VLC.
I tried my http/xxx.ts as both MPEG-TS, and internet source-iptv. Neither worked in NextPVR.

Now the confusing part. From other forums I learned that not all .ts link can be played anywhere.
ex: Some .ts can only played in smart TV, not VLC or NextPVR. This is very confusing to me. Aren't all .ts the same?
Also .ts in M3U8 is different than .ts in M3U file?
It has something to do with IP address difference? I don;t understand.

I am not even sure if I am asking is right. Educate me, if you can, thanks.
Well... rpcameron Just Literally GLAZED My Ass and served it back to me so
My guess is ask him! I thaught they where the same because everytime you
rename a ts link to m3u8, it somehow works as a hls
(that's the m3u8 thing rpcameron mentioned)!

Here's my way to try out!
In each channel link, replace .ts with .m3u8.
(Assuming that this is your own Paid iptv playlist and not a one from iptv websites!)

Or The best way to do it is If you know your iptv playlist url
(http:/xxx.xxx:0000/get.php?username=xxx&password=xxx&type=m3u)
...don't know if I'm aloud to say that,
Then all you have do is re download the m3u by typing it in the address bar
but instead add (&output=hls) at the end of The link like this:
(http:/xxx.xxx:0000/get.php?username=xxx&password=xxx&type=m3u&output=hls)
If nothing happens, check to see if you typed anything in wrong and if still nothing,
your iptv service doesn't Support m3u8!

The reason I'm telling you to rename the whole playlist and not just enter .m3u8 in nextpvr
(which you can do if you want)
is because if your iptv provider supports HLS (the thing that will play when it's .m3u8),
you will find that is very fast and stable for channel surfin, Speed and stability. So if you can't get recording working,
At least you've got something out of this! But some iptv services don't have hls so renaming .ts to .m3u8
May not work! But most do! That's why test the &output=hls thing and if the playlist starts downloading,
You may get it sorted!

Now try to add the iptv channel with MPEG_TS selected and see what happens!

Would be nice if someone here could help him out a bit since I have not a lot of experience
With this!

Let me know if this works or not!
Cheers
If you're curious what the streams really are, I would use ffprobe. If you pass the URL of your stream to ffprobe, it will open the stream, and then display its components.

(In my situation, if I pass it the URL I use as an IPTV source for my TVH install, after a moment of receiving packets, ffprobe reports it was mpegts, and then breaks down the individual video and audio streams, including their format/encoding. You can then use this information to ensure that you are selecting the proper formats for your PVR backend.

Of course, the easiest way to do this is to get the information from your provider, assuming you are asking for help in setting up a proper and legal IPTV stream for Kodi ... and if that is not the case and these are less-than-legal IPTV streams you are seeking help to setup, then I don't think you'll get much more help.)
Quote:Well... rpcameron Just Literally GLAZED My Ass and served it back to me so

The way to do it is If you know your iptv playlist url
If nothing happens, check to see if you typed anything in wrong and if still nothing,

The reason I'm telling you to rename the whole playlist and not just enter .m3u8 in nextpvr
is because if your iptv provider supports HLS (the thing that will play when it's .m3u8),
you will find that is very fast and stable for channel surfin, Speed and stability. So if you can't get recording working,
At least you've got something out of this! But some iptv services don't have hls so renaming .ts to .m3u8
May not work! But most do! That's why test the &output=hls thing and if the playlist starts downloading,
You may get it sorted!

Would be nice if someone here could help him out a bit since I have not a lot of experience
With this!

I'd already told Joejim these urls are not going to work in NextPVR. (I'm the author of NextPVR).

NextPVR only supports a certain type of IPTV used by some cable tv operators, where they use UDP multi-cast or HTTP for delivering channels using regular transport streams. This function will not work for hls streams sourced across the internet (since this scenario generally does not use transport streams - they use other container formats). HLS is one of those other container formats.

HLS is a m3u8 index file, which contains a urls to lots of small ts chunk files (typically containing H.264 video and AAC audio). For handling this type of stream, applications have to have functionallity to continually read the m3u8, and and download the new chunk files as they're added. NextPVR doesn't have functionality to do this.
(2016-07-04, 19:26)sub3 Wrote:
Quote:Well... rpcameron Just Literally GLAZED My Ass and served it back to me so

The way to do it is If you know your iptv playlist url

You may get it sorted!

With this!

I'd already told Joejim these urls are not going to work in NextPVR. (I'm the author of NextPVR).

NextPVR only supports a certain type of IPTV used by some cable tv operators, where they use UDP multi-cast or HTTP for delivering channels using regular transport streams. This function will not work for hls streams sourced across the internet (since this scenario generally does not use transport streams - they use other container formats). HLS is one of those other container formats.

HLS is a m3u8 index file, which contains a urls to lots of small ts chunk files (typically containing H.264 video and AAC audio). For handling this type of stream, applications have to have functionallity to continually read the m3u8, and and download the new chunk files as they're added. NextPVR doesn't have functionality to do this.

Thanks sub3.
You are exactly right about different iptv urls. My url don't work in NextPVR. but it works in VLC.
I think sometimes people either get confused or not quite know all the details like somebody like you who are so smart. lol
Afterall you are THE creator of NextPVR. I trust you.
(2016-07-04, 15:16)03stevensmi Wrote: Well... rpcameron Just Literally GLAZED My Ass and served it back to me so

(Assuming that this is your own Paid iptv playlist and not a one from iptv websites!)

Or The best way to do it is If you know your iptv playlist url

(which you can do if you want)
You may get it sorted!

With this!

Cheers

Thank you so so very much. Exactly what I was looking for. So so simple yet nobody(several forums) mentioned solution like you did.
I knew it couldn;t be that hard, but I didn't know much about all this. I am a simple end user only, not technical all all.

replaced .ts with m3u8.
Also found playlist per your suggestion.
Enough said. lol
I think mentioning iptv services are not allowed here, so I becareful.

Also worth mentioning that sub3, creator of NextPVR said not all iptv url works on all devices. Mine works in VLC but not in NextPVR.
Thanks to sub3 for explaining so even newbie like me can understand, lol

Thanks again, best wishes.
Already mentioned this twice but, what the hell!
This Might Help You If Your Still Looking To Record Your iptvsubs Channels!
If you have an android device, you can take a look here at a new PVR client I'm testing:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280968

I know your on Windows 7 But I doubt you'll want to be a tester! But if you do,
You'll get a more stable version for your windows 7 as long as you let people know how it's working for you!
It is exactly what your asking for! It lets you record your channels on kodi without
Any backend making it the first ever kodi DVR without any BACKENDS like mythTV etc.

It's called xtcodes client! You can download it in that topic for android!
If you want it for pc, just read the topic!

I Hope This Has Helped You!
Feel free to take a look!
Wink
Next PVR for me was only trouble. Cant delete recording in program and Kodi hangs. Some recording goes on for ever. Tips on other program? Pay program?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR for IPTV iptvsubs subscription to record tv channels0