Linux A fairly urgent question
my question, I have just found, was moved to the "Spam & Rule Violation subforum" but I have read the rules and I really do not see how I violated anything. I am also unable to contact "wsnipex" to get more information.

I appear to be signed in, I do not think that is the problem, I built the machine I am talking about so it is not proprietary. I did mention some of my hardware, but I assumed that just helps to solve the problem.

The thread title was "Incredible Problems and No idea how to categorise them" I can see where that might cause suspicions, but I reslly do not understand why my question was in violation and how I can avoid such problems in the future.

Sorry to bother you, but I really do have a problem and I really do not know how my post was in violation

Frank Sirett
Looking over other banned posts I am wondering if it is because I mentioned a site that I often use that is collapsing. was that the problem?
I suspect that the prominent tvaddons.ag link in the middle was your problem. Or the fact that you have Exodus installed. And SuperRepo. Or maybe it was XBMCHUB.

Have a look at the links wsnipex pointed you to, and you'll find that what those repos/addons do - whether you use them or not - is not looked on kindly around here.
Where do I find the links? Since they were in the middle of my complete log, it makes me wonder what needs to be edited out of it?

I looked at the rules and such and have difficulty seeing how I violated

I shall repost with NO log and see if I can get some advice that way
if you want any help around here, you'll provide a full, unedited Debug Log running a plain vanilla kodi version _without any banned addons installed_.
Thank you very much for your reply and help.

As far as I know I have a standard Kodi installation. It is true I do have a number of addons, and I do understand that many of them may have pirated material, although I am really not aware of what addons are and are not in violation. I use mine to watch live television pretty much only. Now that the satellite television is almost impossible to get here, we set up this box. As to the illegal things, I would not know. i just put on the addons that I am told will get me the TV my wife wants.

I am assuming that after having added addons and found a problem that you wish me to remove all of the addons and send a debug log after that. Is that correct?

Thanks again,

Frank Sirett

Frank Sirett
(2016-07-03, 18:46)fsirett Wrote: Where do I find the links?

The links wsnipex quotes are in the first line of the reply to your post:

Quote: Your thread was moved to the Spam & Rule Violation subforum because it violated either our Piracy Policy or the Forum Rules.

When you say "live TV", it depends on whether you're watching over-the-air, free-to-receive TV or using pay TV without, well, paying. Many of the more unsavoury add-ons allow you to watch paid-for content (including "moves still in theatres") which everyone knows is clearly dodgy. So it does depend a lot on what TV your dearly beloved wants to watch.

Add-ons are in System->Setttings->Add-ons->My add-ons. If you disable and remove everything that allows you to get content that you'd otherwise pay for (so, as a guide, YouTube is okay, but pay-per-view sports are not) then folks will pay attention. Otherwise, this forum cannot help.
The addons you can find in the official kodi repository are ok. Others are likely not ok (with a few exceptions). If you sideloaded any addons or repos, look into whether they are on the banned list (added from zip)
This also comes up a lot when you purchase a Kodi device from a retailer with add-ons pre-installed. Many of which I've seen that promote cutting your cable bill by getting free TV. If this is what happened, most of what is presented to the buyer is a box that has a lot of free options, but no official support (and often no support from your retailer). The add-ons often break after a few weeks, or a day, then you're stuck with a box that plays horrible looking copies of movies and live TV from countries you don't speak the language for.

As stated previously, anything on the KODI repo, is legit. There are actually a LOT of free stream channels that are either solely internet based or some nice ones that specific TV channels offer up for free anyway. Outside of that, it's rare to find anything that is legal on any other repo. SOMETIMES, smaller shows or youtube channels offer up options that aren't on the official Kodi repo.

The team here does a really good job of keeping track of what is and isn't banned. There is a reason items are banned. Even those users that think it really doesn't matter don't realize the overall impact it has on the Kodi platform as a whole. The better the reputation Kodi has for a media center, the more chance of stability, development, and expansion. The more it gets labeled as a way to get pirated material, the odds of losing it increases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A fairly urgent question0