v17 Krypto UI Improvement
Krypton UI improvement (Using Aerial Font):

1. Compare to Jarvis release, the font sizes of most the UI seems rather small to be read from far (playback on TV screen) e.g. EPG table. Really has to strain the eye to read the EPG text display. Please fine tune so it is at least same as Jarvis.

2. On the main menu, user has to scroll all the way down to access to the system settings. Proposal to use left arrow ( <- ) for quick access to system setting (bottom tool menu).

3. When using Kodi system tool (Power icon) to put system to sleep etc, the power option menu is not closed before putting system to sleep. On next system resume, the power option menu is still being displayed.
Comparing the two font.xml files between skin confluence and estuary in the following directory

....\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\720p\font.xml
\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\1080i\font.xml

I just changed all Arial font sizes in estuary font.xml to use the settings from confluence but multiple by 2 instead of 1.5 seems to be a better choice.
I agree on the first point. I understand that there's only so much that can be done with the new layout, but the end result is still a less readable screen for some people. Maybe there can be some kind of "big font" mode, like Confluence has (which was even bigger than the default).

Re #2, meh, I could see it go either way. Settings really isn't meant to be something that is accessed a lot. It's just something used occasionally, so I can understand it being pushed to the "back". Making it too accessible also makes it easier to accidentally activate, which I see happen a lot with my family when using skins that do left-arrow to do a menu or special action.

Re #3, oops, that sounds like a bug.
(2016-07-04, 07:07)Ned Scott Wrote: Re #2, meh, I could see it go either way. Settings really isn't meant to be something that is accessed a lot. It's just something used occasionally, so I can understand it being pushed to the "back". Making it too accessible also makes it easier to accidentally activate, which I see happen a lot with my family when using skins that do left-arrow to do a menu or special action.

The default keymap includes a mapping from the hash button on a remote to activate settings. You can change it (or add it if missing) by creating a new keymap and adding an entry.

Code:
<keymap>
  <Home>
    <remote>
      <hash>ActivateWindow(Settings)</hash>
    </remote>
  </Home>
</keymap>

Note that in general it's best to copy the original keymap from /usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps (on unix-like systems - other platforms may have a different location) and then modify it, as entries missing from the user keymap will fall through to the default keymap.
(2016-07-04, 02:07)cmeng Wrote: Krypton UI improvement (Using Aerial Font):

1. Compare to Jarvis release, the font sizes of most the UI seems rather small to be read from far (playback on TV screen) e.g. EPG table. Really has to strain the eye to read the EPG text display. Please fine tune so it is at least same as Jarvis.

2. On the main menu, user has to scroll all the way down to access to the system settings. Proposal to use left arrow ( <- ) for quick access to system setting (bottom tool menu).

3. When using Kodi system tool (Power icon) to put system to sleep etc, the power option menu is not closed before putting system to sleep. On next system resume, the power option menu is still being displayed.

with 1) i completely agree. main problem is that the room for font is to small because there is to much free room on the borders of the screen and thats why room for fonts/descriptions is much to small.
btw you have to ask this in the right forum: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260
there is also a thread about this topic: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263958

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypto UI Improvement0