• 5(current)
OS X [Mac Mini] [v17 Nightly] Choppy Video Playback
Hey jingai - thx for hanging in here - really appreciated Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you both. Just happy it will work come release Big Grin
Memphiz, Fernetmenta and Jingai the testbuild works perfectly. Big Grin I have perfect player behaviour.
Thanks for your efforts. Will this fix be included in the next beta ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Kodi 17 beta 3 is running fine on my system. I noticed deinterlacing is "greyed out" is that a work in progress ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
I know I started this thread and then had basically zero input towards the fix, so for that I'm sorry. And now I may have another bug....

I'm noticing a video timing issue with HW decoding on in Beta 3. Audio is perfect, but occasionally video appears to be jerky. As if every 3 seconds or so the video speeds up or jumps to catch up.

I'm away from home but will get logs up asap, just wanted to see if I was the only one?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Try disabling Sync to Display if you have it enabled.
unfortunately for me it's the opposite: since beta 3 my setup stutters frequently when VTB hw decoding is enabled, but not always.
in this log http://pastebin.ca/3732051 I wanted to show it stuttering but it didn't at first. it did stutter when I skipped to almost the end of the file.
this is with sync playback to display off, but it also stutters with it switched on.
macbook air, osx 10.11.6, intel hd4000
Try turning off the HQ scalers (just use bilinear). I'm recently having issues with the others too and the symptoms at first glance look like this thread's issue, but I think it's unrelated.
ok, I have set them to "0%".
but they shouldn't kick in in the file from my log anyway as it's 1080p, should they?
No, if the files are 1080p the other scalers shouldn't kick in. Must be a different issue.
yeah, I just tried and it didn't make a difference. neither did changing to basic shaders
just reporting that VTB is still broken in my setup on beta 5. Sometimes it happens by itself but I can consistently make it happen by skipping a bit ahead, as in the log from #67. it drops frames like crazy.
Please tell me if you need more logs or if I should open a new thread as the problem that was the topic of this one (supposedly) got fixed.
For those wondering, the latest beta (Krypton beta 6) and latest Nightly build (12/03) are still suffering the issue. Video playback is very choppy and unusable when trying to sync in 24Hz.
My Setup : Mac Miini end-2014, HDMI output to AVR 5onkyo) then to Samsung Plasma that supports 24hz (and was working in 24hz before Krypton), MacOSX 10.11.6

Are additional logs/tests required ?
MacMini (end 2014) - Core i7 3Ghz - 16Gb - Intel Iris 1536Mb
macOS 10.12.6
Kodi 17 + Testing Kodi 18b3

I also can confirm the playback problems under Krypton beta 6 / macOS Sierra 10.12.1.
Every skip forward/backward ends up with the video playing in slowmotion while audio keeps playing at normal speed.

Log.
OK. If i disable "Allow hardware acceleration - VTBDecoder" everything works as expected!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac Mini] [v17 Nightly] Choppy Video Playback1