• 8(current)
OS X [Mac Mini] [v17 Nightly] Choppy Video Playback
That sucks for sure
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
NVIDIA vs Intel issue?
yes might be.

@jingai - could you verify that this testbuild behaves same like the one before:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

I am preparing to do a pull request with the changes we have now to at least ensure that this hits krypton in time.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2017-01-06, 21:11)Memphiz Wrote: yes might be.

@jingai - could you verify that this testbuild behaves same like the one before:

I am preparing to do a pull request with the changes we have now to at least ensure that this hits krypton in time.

Still smooth, provided there's no overlay up.
(2017-01-06, 16:37)cybergrunge Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 22:47)Memphiz Wrote: i am about to provide another (hopefully final) testbuild in an hour or so.

Please test and report back:

Adjust display refresh rate : on start/stop;
Sync playback to display : checked.

• Choppy with AND without hardware acceleration on MacBook Pro 2016 Sierra 10.12.2 (same with official Krypton RC and Jarvis).

• Smooth on iMac mid-2010 El Capitan 10.11.6 even with hardware acceleration (same with official Krypton RC and Jarvis).

Rectification: I experienced a choppy playback on the iMac yesterday with this build, and had to stop and restart video to retrieve a smooth experience. Seems there is a constancy problem with the build.
Post a debug log (wiki) with both situations if possible
Hi Memphiz,

Some feed back from my side. With your latest build everything seems to work fine. I do not see anymore the choppy playback even when resuming a film.
VTB is enabled and Adjust Display Refresh Rate enabled too.

On my mac mini with Intel Iris Video card it seems to be stable and works perfectly. Thanks a lot for this huge work.

Olivier.
MacMini (end 2014) - Core i7 3Ghz - 16Gb - Intel Iris 1536Mb
macOS 10.12.6
Kodi 17 + Testing Kodi 18b3

(2017-01-08, 12:06)Memphiz Wrote: Post a debug log (wiki) with both situations if possible

Buggy : http://pastebin.com/pjxr8ccK

OK : http://pastebin.com/TsMfSSe1
Do you have vtb hardware acceleration disabled? Seems it is not activated. Also the ok log looks strange with a lot of audio resume and re-enumeration in it. In the bad log i only see that there appeared a new audio device on the fly "cambridge audio dac100"
“Allow hardware acceleration - VTBDecoder” was checked in both cases.

The “OK” log has been generated during a session that was:
- start Kodi (after having stopped it because of choppy video = “Buggy” log)
- navigate to the video file on an external drive (perhaps with an error of path once, I'm not sure)
- play the file and pause it once or twice during the movie
- stop Kodi

I don't use Kodi for audio.

I may have started the Cambridge DAC after Kodi, can't remember. No indice of problems with video playback in the “Buggy” log ?

I can post other logs of similar situations, or from tests with a 2016 MacBook Pro, if it is of any help…
Anything new so far?
I am right that the Kodi Release still contains this buggy behavior?
Yes
I observed this behavior on a Late-2009 Mac Mini (with Nvidia GeForce 9400M). Is that on the spectrum of known hardware platforms which demonstrate the issue?
Seems kodi has this issue for nearly all nvidia gpu equipped macs
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac Mini] [v17 Nightly] Choppy Video Playback1