• 10(current)
OS X [Mac Mini] [v17 Nightly] Choppy Video Playback
All guys with nVidia GPU which have this issues please try this test version and report back:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

Its based on master/leia (krypton didn't compile with the first try). Try the build with vtb enabled.

I am pretty sure it won't help the issue but lets see.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The video was slightly delayed at times (definitely an improvement) but no where as bad as v17.1 latest nightly [/align]
sorry i corrected my post. I meant nVidia GPU not AMD GPU ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2017-04-22, 08:51)Memphiz Wrote: All guys with nVidia GPU which have this issues please try this test version and report back:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

Its based on master/leia (krypton didn't compile with the first try). Try the build with vtb enabled.

I am pretty sure it won't help the issue but lets see.

Well Done. Fixed playback using Hardware Acceleration.
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5
MacBook 13-inch, Mid 2010
Nice one glad this is getting somewhere, congrats memphiz
Need more feedback because i still doubt the success based on what i changed to be honest...
Sorry to report that this build didn't work for me. It played better than 17.1 but that may have been the file. CPU usage was actually higher with vtb enabled, over 100%.

Mac Mini mid 2010
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
OS 10.12.4
(2017-04-24, 09:53)Wayne33 Wrote: Sorry to report that this build didn't work for me. It played better than 17.1 but that may have been the file. CPU usage was actually higher with vtb enabled, over 100%.

Mac Mini mid 2010
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
OS 10.12.4
Very strange as my CPU is around 30% - 35% High Def playing.
I have identical specs hardware on my MacBook.
I am running Mavericks.
Is this a Sierra OS issue maybe. ??
Please to prevent any false reports here - do the tests with some principals. Test one and the same file - first with 17.1 - then with the test build and ensure all other settings stay the same between the tests.
ok, same file;

Software decoding, video and audio good, cpu 50-60%
VTB on, unwatchable, audio good video almost frozen, messages that source is too slow

Test Build

VTB on, audio good, video much improved but still dropping frames noticeably, cpu 100% plus
No changes in settings from 17.1

I have a mac mini driving a 55" screen at 1080 and 720. Is kostaman driving a large display or a native MacBook screen? Could some others test? I am happy to post debug logs if helpful.
@Wayne33 Is kostaman driving a large display or a native MacBook screen?
Native Screen is what i use.

I just Quickly hooked up via Mini Displayport to HDMI on a big screen and confirm no negative change in behaviour.
I certainly don't have high spikes in CPU usage.
I played the start of some high Def movies over my network using wifi with no issues.
Please note i was not looking for minor frame drops.
I played 3 video files for about 2 minutes each and no issues.
MacMini 2010 with Nvidia 320M (HW acceleration ON)

1080p 20Mbps file plays fine on kodi 16.1. Below a screen with codec info

The same file is unwatchable on 17.1, but it plays fine on your test build on Kodi 18. The CPU is at higher rate as kodi 16.1. It seem to me not to play as smooth as 16.1 but really good! it is watchable! maybe is just me
Thanks a lot!

Noticed that Kodi 16.1 plays the file at 25fps and Kodi 17.1 and 18 at 60fps. The file is at 25fps.

and here the logs:

Kodi 16.1
Kodi 17.1
Kodi 18

Hope this helps
I am using a Macbook Air 2013 with an Intel HD Graphics 5000 CPU.
This device has also problems with HD TV video recordings with the Kodi 17.1.

I have tested with the build above and the problems are not resolved.

Strangely the problems depend on the TV station (I have no reception problems).
The HD TV recordings from the German station ARD are fine, but recordings from ZDF are freezing and only the audio is played.
Both stations are using 760p with 50 frames per seconds.
I have given my results using my MacBook now i present results using my MacMini.
I do not use this MacMini for Kodi. It is a Spare MacMini with Bootcamp.
I hooked it up to do the test in case it helps anyone.

KODI 18 Test image used.

Mac mini
Late 2009
Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5

Hooked up to an ASUS Monitor Logs

Hooked up to a TCL HD TV LOG

The issue seems to be that i have settings at 1920 x 1080p in Kodi
Movie stream from my home network library plays over my home network it comes out at 1280 x 688 when i press codec info.
Watching the stream on the Asus Computer Monitor i cannot see any issues with playback. (This Monitor can play 1080)
CPU is around 35% and Memory around 50%.

When i played same movie from my network hooked up to my TCL HD TV playback was not watchable.
Memory was around 80% and CPU 35% .
No idea why the high Memory.
Stuttering Video with out of sync audio when using the TCL TV.

So basically hooked up to a HD TV playback issue arises.
On my Asus Monitor it plays fine.
Something is wrong when using the TV as opposed to using a PC Monitor which plays back with no issue.
Hope this makes sense.
that seems impossible if your resolution is set to anything and you play a 1080p movie it'll show up as 1080x800 or whatever the actual 1080p movie is encoded as when you press "O" while playing the movie.

Do you have some streaming setup your using? because if i play a 1080p movie on my 4k TV running kodi @ 4k it still just shows it as 1080p or same on my little netbook with 720p display shows it as 1080p.

Explain as i dont understand.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac Mini] [v17 Nightly] Choppy Video Playback1