Mythrecmaze -- Automatically record the TV shows you follow on TVmaze.com
Mythrecmaze allows Kodi users with a MythTV add-on to automatically record the shows that the user follows on TVmaze.com. I tested the program using Kodi Jarvis with the MythTV PVR Client installed on Mythbuntu 14.04 with MythTV 0.27.6.

Instead of setting a recording using MythTV or the Kodi PVR add-on interface, follow your shows on tvmaze.com to have them recorded. The program checks the TVmaze ical feed for the next seven days. It then downloads guide data for the current day each time it is run and the next six days only if there is a change in the ical feed for those days and sets the applicable recordings.

Current limitations (which could be easily changed):
  • USA only
  • Uses TVmaze as guide data source (not currently compatible with Schedules Direct or any other EPG source)

Mythrecmaze on GitHub
Ted
My blog
Thread moved to MythTV section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Update:
With the latest version of Mythrecmaze, using TVmaze as the only guide data source is now optional. Changing the MythTV xmltvid values is no longer required.
Ted
My blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythrecmaze -- Automatically record the TV shows you follow on TVmaze.com0