Linux same kodi config for all users
Rainbow 
Hello,

I got 4 users on debian comp, each has its own account. But we want to share settings, plugins, all in Kodi - so I dont have to set it individually four times. Is this possible easily? I found some page about doing this in mysql, but seems to me too complicated. Thank you!
Then: no.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
rsync?
I found this -p command line argument might work. Ill try.
Seems like the task in itself will require a lot of extra work when you can just...copy the whole Kodi database 3 times.

The settings in Jarvis (depending on your skin) are much easier to transfer than they once were.

Also...with 4 different people, who wouldn't want to customize their own experience?
No, they are my children and friends, and always want me to set it for them. We want to have our privacy as for internet, documents and mail, but as for watching movie, is much more comfortable, when the settings and design are common, same. Its better for me /I dont have to do the same four time, for them too - they dont have to ask me again and again/. I do some tests, seems it might work.
If same Host, just symlink the .kodi to each home dir. chmod it 775 and all files 664. make sure all are in group users.

Ugly, quick, dirty
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Finally I use this solution:

~/.kodi copy to /usr/share/kodi
rename .kodi to portable_data
put all users in group kodiusers
set portable_data rw for kodiusers
change /usr/share/applications/kodi.desktop so there is Exec=kodi -p

seems it works....
(2016-07-05, 17:28)fritsch Wrote: If same Host, just symlink the .kodi to each home dir. chmod it 775 and all files 664. make sure all are in group users.

Ugly, quick, dirty

will work for some time, and break sooner than later.

he'll need to do "umask 002" (and all users being in same group) every time before starting kodi, otherwise very soon he'll have some files owned by user1 and not writable by user2/3/4

yep. ugly
@stefansaraev: you are right, its not working, new files and directories are created without kodiusers group and without write permission for group....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
same kodi config for all users0