EPG Guide Colours in Krypton
Hi All,

I'm trying to get my wife off of Media Center so I can upgrade the PC to Windows 10 before the free upgrade period expires. I've just finished setting up the Media Portal Backend and all is working well.

I have 2 questions I'm hoping somebody can answer..
1) How do you get the EPG Guide to show different colours for channels/segments (As per the screenshots of the new Krypton Default Skin, showing the EPG)
2) Is there a way to do "Record Series" for Media Portal or is there another Windows-Based TV Backend that will do this.

Thanks.

deadlast
You know that you an install Media center on Windows 10?

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2016-07-06, 04:01)bry- Wrote: You know that you an install Media center on Windows 10?

Sent from my XT1254

Yup, but from what I see, every time there is a new update/cumulative update it breaks and has to be fixed, so going for as little maintenance as possible.

cheers for the reply.
What tuner do you have? The more info you can provide the better the community can help.

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2016-07-06, 04:38)bry- Wrote: What tuner do you have? The more info you can provide the better the community can help.

Sent from my XT1254

Just using a usb Dual DVB-T Tuner, so Australian Free to Air TV (Freeview). Its showing about 30 channels, but the Channel Grid View (EPG), shows the entire screen as Grey, rather than multi-coloured.
If you're using mediaportal/Kodi the series record works fairly well or you can install a MePo tvserver addon called tvwishlist. It's good for pre setting shows before they are on the TV guide.

As for the EPG genre I did that this weekend and it will depend on the skin you're using. In the skin there should be an option to switch to genre icons. This will tell you the folder to install these icons into (they're little coloured squares.

Then make sure you have pull genre strings enabled in the MePo Kodi addon.

The genre colours can be downloaded. I found them in the Titan skin forum by doing a search.

Then you need to check MePo tvserver EPG genres and check your icon names match the genres in MePo.
Cheers for all the info guys. Got colours working in the EPG but confusing as hell...

Modified "genre_translation.xml" on the PVR Addon for Media Portal.

Can I get some clarification on how this works....

Which parts do I edit, above the below line or below?

"<!-- TODO: Finish me... This list is probably not complete yet"

i find If I edit above, ie
<genre lang="en" type="0x10" subtype="0x00">cooking</genre>
<genre lang="en" type="0x10" subtype="0x00">food/wine</genre>

When I go back into the Guide, it shows as Movie/DramaHuh

cheers again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Guide Colours in Krypton0